Playing your 3DS with headphones gives you a better experience

#1Flamer_BluePosted 3/17/2014 5:43:45 PM
Well, I just plugged my Galaxy earphones on my 3DS and my gosh the games feel more vivid. The sound in Bravely Default is waaay better and full of more base.
Why haven't I done this before?
---
PSN: Malakius
#2Galeforce99Posted 3/17/2014 5:46:55 PM
Ummmm... yeah? I mean, of course it sounds a lot better than the cheap tiny speakers provided.
---
Opinion=Fact
#3SuigintouEVPosted 3/17/2014 5:47:41 PM(edited)
1) Because you've probably never put much thought into the fact that audio is one of the defining features of gaming and deserves an elite sound system just like video deserves an elite display.
2) The word is "bass" not "base".

The accuracy of the headphones you're using makes a huge difference too, by the way. Hell, my headphones alone cost more than my 3DS.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#4kuragari1anonlyPosted 3/17/2014 5:49:26 PM
Harmoknight + Headphones
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#5Flamer_Blue(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 5:50:03 PM
SuigintouEV posted...
1) Because you've probably never put much thought into the fact that audio is one of the defining features of gaming and deserves an elite sound system just like video deserves an elite display.
2) The word is "bass" not "base".

The accuracy of the headphones you're using makes a huge difference too, by the way. Hell, my headphones alone cost more than my 3DS.

Is it worth getting a decent pair of headphones for gaming?
---
#6SuigintouEVPosted 3/17/2014 5:56:58 PM
Is it worth getting a decent pair of headphones for gaming?

Absolutely, although I'm more of a console gamer so I've never shelled out $500 headphones myself, especially since 90% of them tend to sound inaccurate and bloated with the kind of instrumental music found in video games. I have however dropped thousands of dollars on speakers for my console games.

These are the headphones I do use after going through around five so-called-accurate-but-actually-coloured sounding ones. I'm finally happy and now I don't feel a need to spend more since I'm not really a headphone guy:

http://www.amazon.com/German-Maestro-GMP-8-35-Headphone/dp/B005SRJNFI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395104016&sr=8-1&keywords=german+maestro+gmp+8.35+d

Now one of my main criteria was that I wanted a closed back headphone that still sounded great. The reason being in case I'm on a bus, train, or maybe even in a library and I don't want sound leaking out or in. So my quest for great headphones was hard.

If you're just looking for a pair of open-back headphones for use at home, with the requisite sound-leaking, these are the ones you want:

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Signature-Reference-Class-Premium-Headphones/dp/B004444O3W
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#7Flamer_Blue(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 6:01:39 PM
SuigintouEV posted...
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Signature-Reference-Class-Premium-Headphones/dp/B004444O3W

Nice tip. I'll definitely look into headphones at my local bestbuy when I get the chance.
---
#8SuigintouEVPosted 3/17/2014 6:06:59 PM
You definitely won't find something in the class of AKG Q 701 in best buy. Their only sales are Beats, Sony and Sennheisers. Only sennheisers are even decent, and they're really just mediocre on a whole aside from the really pricey ones.
---
#9The Blob2000Posted 3/17/2014 6:14:36 PM(edited)
I know I can't afford headphones in that range (well I could but I just wouldn't be able to justify it). I use some cheap open-back Koss phones and I like them.
---
NNID: TendaShy
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#10Village IdiotPosted 3/17/2014 6:23:15 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-504631-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395105757&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+558hd

Best damn headphones I've used yet.

Its so good I can actually hear parts of the music that I've never heard before.
---
PSN - Zaphikl
Now Playing - Mana Khemia~Student Alliance, Project Diva F, Tales of Xillia, Spelunky, Teleglitch