What is Nintendo ReDirect?

#1DJ_bluePosted 3/24/2014 7:01:51 PM(edited)
I was on Miiverse and i seen like 50 #NintendoReDirect hashtags.....

Whats going on? Now i'm seeing #Miiversepurple? Why purple? Why not blue?
#2Awkward_FantasyPosted 3/24/2014 7:09:51 PM
Its a Wii U movement. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEzI5hm-idU
#3DJ_blue(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 7:29:46 PM(edited)
Awkward_Fantasy posted...
Its a Wii U movement. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEzI5hm-idU

Oh...
But whats #Miiversepurple?
#4Trevor_BelmontPosted 3/24/2014 7:25:54 PM
It's a waste of time is what it is.
---
Dare! dare to believe you can survive.
#5samuraigaidenPosted 3/24/2014 8:33:06 PM(edited)
It's a 'grass roots movement' organized by a YouTube personality, Shokio, to ask Nintendo to bring franchises like F-Zero and Star Fox to Wii U.

I think he's absolutely right in trying to do this. Despite what Reggie said that time about how they don't bend to petitions, recent history shows that Nintendo actually is listening to what the community asks for.

Operation Rainfall asked for three Nintendo published JRPGs to be localized for the US. All three of them got localized, and even if only one was published by Nintendo, the truth is for XSEED to publish The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, they needed Nintendo's approval.

Miiverse users campaigned through the service asking for the release of Earthbound on the Virtual Console and they got what they asked for.

I think 3DS users should follow the same example and let Nintendo know we want DS, SNES and GBA games on the eShop, and we want better Virtual Console releases. And we want SMB3!
#621_21Posted 3/24/2014 8:34:46 PM
So what you are saying is that, if there's enough demand, we can bring Donkey Kong Country Trilogy for SNES onto WiiU as well?

Add that to the list!
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bravely Default, and Muv-Luv
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#7DJ_blue(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 8:57:51 PM(edited)
samuraigaiden posted...
It's a 'grass roots movement' organized by a YouTube personality, Shokio, to ask Nintendo to bring franchises like F-Zero and Star Fox to Wii U.

I think he's absolutely right in trying to do this. Despite what Reggie said that time about how they don't bend to petitions, recent history shows that Nintendo actually is listening to what the community asks for.

Operation Rainfall asked for three Nintendo published JRPGs to be localized for the US. All three of them got localized, and even if only one was published by Nintendo, the truth is for XSEED to publish The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, they needed Nintendo's approval.

Miiverse users campaigned through the service asking for the release of Earthbound on the Virtual Console and they got what they asked for.

I think 3DS users should follow the same example and let Nintendo know we want DS, SNES and GBA games on the eShop, and we want better Virtual Console releases. And we want SMB3!

Oh! Thats cool! I'm in for SMB3! and F-Zero...
#8NinkobraPosted 3/24/2014 9:28:12 PM
Hmm... And here I was thinking this movement was stupid, especially considering the stupid high amount of posters pleading for Majora's Mask 3D.

The way you guys put it, however, makes sense.
---
SUPPORT SHANTAE: HALF-GENIE HERO! Every bit counts!
http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#9Genericgamer667Posted 3/24/2014 11:37:19 PM
problem is it's VERY disorganized right now, asking for a huge amount at once and no one agrees on what. Nintendo won't listen if it's not organized
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666