Would you want Metroid Other M for the 3DS?

#31AceMosPosted 3/27/2014 2:11:21 PM
^ the game play is OK at best but its game play fails as a metroid game do to the fact it dont have exploration somethign the original metroid added to video games
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#32Megamushroom666Posted 3/27/2014 2:25:27 PM
Sure why not?
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
SNACKEROO.com - Only the tastiest models.
#33PsychoWolfXPosted 3/27/2014 2:25:41 PM
I'm well aware of the games infamy, but Metroid is one of my favorite series and I actually never played Other M. There is still a copy at my local Wal Mart but it has been priced at $80 for well over year now....not sure how that happened.
I would definitely give Other M a chance if it came to the 3DS. A new 2D Metroid would still be much preferred though.
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938 Currently Playing RF4, Tales of the Abyss, Pokemon Y, Animal Crossing NL
#34BuretsuPosted 3/27/2014 2:36:22 PM
PsychoWolfX posted...
I'm well aware of the games infamy, but Metroid is one of my favorite series and I actually never played Other M. There is still a copy at my local Wal Mart but it has been priced at $80 for well over year now....not sure how that happened.
I would definitely give Other M a chance if it came to the 3DS. A new 2D Metroid would still be much preferred though.

Save yourself the trouble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMI1-DDklqE
---
Fall 2014: Persona Q for 3DS; 2015: Persona 5 for PS3
It's happening! It's happening!!
#35Link3Posted 3/27/2014 5:27:09 PM
Megamushroom666 posted...
Sure why not?

Almost the entire game is a reason why not.

---
#36FKRW4LifePosted 3/27/2014 6:14:56 PM
I loved it. Don't think it would work on the 3ds though
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#37xlr_big-coopPosted 3/27/2014 6:25:51 PM
Oh God, NO!

I'd rather have a remake or straight up port of super metroid/zero mission than that abomination, heck, i'll take hunters too!
---
3ds fc: 2277-6647-7634, ign: luis, electric safari with: Electrode/Electabuzz/Manectric
#38StarmanJunior64Posted 3/27/2014 6:36:07 PM
As a classic game collector, I rarely buy remakes/ports...and that's when they're GOOD games.

Metroid: Other M on the other hand, is awful...and considering its only 5 bucks to get a copy on Wii, because nobody wants it, I doubt anyone would buy it again for 40.
---
Playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and Tales of Phantasia
#39Absolutezero93Posted 3/27/2014 6:46:02 PM(edited)
SMASHKING84 posted...
Granadico_ posted...
I actually wanna play Other M to see if its as bad as everyone said and cuz i wanna play all the Metroid games since there's relatively few (compared to Mario, Zelda, Kirby, etc) and in storyline order. So no actually, since i could get Other M new/used dirt cheap and t his would be full price, and take resources to remake a game rather than making a completely new game (that has the possibility of being liked by the majority).

Aside from the plot most people would say the actual gameplay is fun.

No, they wouldn't. Stop being a delusional fanboy. There's a reason why the game is hated by the majority of the Metroid fanbase and its not simply because of its crappy story.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#40Septimus2000Posted 3/27/2014 10:05:41 PM
oolacile posted...
Hell no. I'd rather they release an all new game, but if not, give us Zero, Fusion or Super.

I honestly wouldn't mind Super Metroid on the eshop