3DS vs. Wii. Which Nintendo console should I buy?

#1nanofazz97Posted 3/30/2014 6:58:09 PM
I am currently deciding on which Nintendo console to buy, because there are a lot of Nintendo titles that I want to play, but will not have the time to play all of the best titles from both of the consoles. I know the Wii has some excellent titles, but I feel the titles on the 3DS are just as good, which makes my decision difficult. However, at this point, I am leaning only slightly towards the 3DS, just because it is a handheld console, so I am more familiar with the controls than something like the Wii's controls. If you have both of these consoles, which one do you enjoy more, and recommend? To get an idea of the type of games I enjoy, I like basically all games, but I want to give the Zelda series a try, and I want to start getting back into more tactical RPGs. When it comes to platforming games, I am not as much into art style as I am into the degree of innovation within the platforming mechanics. Also, I prefer 3D games over 2D games, but I can still enjoy 2D games if they are really unique (like most tactical games, traditional 2D beat em ups, platformers, etc.).
#2TinyTankXPosted 3/30/2014 7:03:36 PM(edited)
Honestly, not trying to bash the Wii U since I myself have one, but I'm gonna suggest getting the 3DS. I feel there's better support in gaming than there is the Wii U. I definitely enjoy my 3DS way more than the Wii U that is currently collecting dust in my living room. Zelda? Link Between Worlds is a wonderful experience! I highly recommend it. There's plenty of RPGs for the 3DS as well!

EDIT: Lol I thought he said Wii U. Um... probably the 3DS still. The Wii is losing support online in a few months I believe. It's pretty much done.
---
Dantes, Riverton ::: FC: 2337-3328-8395 ::: (Main file)
Hiro, Carino ::: FC: 4699-7337-1310 :::
#3Link3Posted 3/30/2014 7:00:42 PM
Look at the games out for each and see which one has more you want.

Though keep in mind Wii is done and 3DS still has years ahead of it.

---
#4nanofazz97(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 7:12:57 PM
TinyTankX posted...
Honestly, not trying to bash the Wii U since I myself have one, but I'm gonna suggest getting the 3DS. I feel there's better support in gaming than there is the Wii U. I definitely enjoy my 3DS way more than the Wii U that is currently collecting dust in my living room. Zelda? Link Between Worlds is a wonderful experience! I highly recommend it. There's plenty of RPGs for the 3DS as well!

EDIT: Lol I thought he said Wii U. Um... probably the 3DS still. The Wii is losing support online in a few months I believe. It's pretty much done.

But, would you say that other than the Mario Galaxy games, was there anything else worth playing on the Wii, compared to the critically acclaimed titles the 3DS has (Bravely Default, Zelda LBW, Fire Emblem Awakening, Monster Hunter 3, etc.) ? I am aware that the 3DS has Super Mario 3D Land, so could I get away with just playing this 3DS Mario game without playing the Mario games that were on the Wii console?
#5Megamushroom666Posted 3/30/2014 7:13:50 PM
3DS then Wii U.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
SNACKEROO.com
#6DARKlegend64Posted 3/30/2014 8:19:14 PM
3DS because Wii is done and there will be more games down the line for 3DS. Also it will have a more updated Smash Bros. (if you're into that) which will also be portable and (most likely) better online. Brawl won't have online anymore later on.
---
3DS FC: 1032-1661-7500 // IGN: Phoenix // Shiny Value: 4095
http://i.imgur.com/LASYC2c.gif
#7HayashiTakaraPosted 3/30/2014 8:26:37 PM
3DS is a better investment, since it has a ton of great games, and there's Fire Emblem to sate your Tactical RPG needs. And as you know Nintendo handhelds gets tons of support, so you're safe with this purchase.

If I were you, I'd wait like another year then pick up a Wii U to play Wii games on top of Wii U games, it'll be a better investment than to pick up a Wii where there's no longer any support.
#8Minish_link02Posted 3/31/2014 2:31:01 PM
The Wii has good gems including Muramasa, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Budokai Tenkaichi games, Metroid Prime 3, Opoona, Twilight Princess, No More Heroes 1/2, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, and so on. Most of the games are already out for the Wii and it's online support dies in May 2014.

The 3DS has the Nintendo mainstays (Mario Kart, Zelda, Super Mario, etc.), good 3rd party stuff, eShop exclusives, and more. The 3DS has most game genres covered. It has a more social aspect towards it (StreetPass/SpotPass) and Mii Maker/StreetPass Mii Plaza. The games are good and the apps are decent.

3DS > Wii U (for you)

I preferred the Wii because I played more games on it and had fun playing online. You should wait for a Wii U and then buy some Wii games.

Wii U has Super Mario 3D World which is similar to 3D Land. Wii has New Super Mario Bros. series and Super Mario Galaxy/Galaxy 2.
---
"Adam did not eat the apple because he desired it. He ate it because it was forbidden. Now the apple has been set before all of you. Eat well."
#9shotgunheadshotPosted 3/31/2014 3:11:23 PM
Get a Wii or wiiU. I don't know why in 2014 people are still playing handhhelds. The graphics are garbage on the 3ds anyway with a crappy 3d effect. Get a home console to get the real 3D thing.
---
I have two min pin dogs named Dixi and Dora.
#10NathanisDrakePosted 3/31/2014 3:23:02 PM
shotgunheadshot posted...
Get a Wii or wiiU. I don't know why in 2014 people are still playing handhhelds. The graphics are garbage on the 3ds anyway with a crappy 3d effect. Get a home console to get the real 3D thing.

LOL

A game doesn't necessarily need a higher number of polygons to be good.
Believe it or not, some people actually care more about the games themselves than they do about graphics. Shocker, right?
---
PC + 3DS Master Race
Most anticipated: Monster Hunter 4U, Smash Brothers 4, Persona 5/Q, Mighty N9 and Azure Striker: Gunvolt