3DS vs. Wii. Which Nintendo console should I buy?

#11Soul_AlchemistPosted 3/31/2014 3:39:45 PM
The WiiU is infinitely superior... if you want to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate online; if not, then buy a 3DS.
---
http://goo.gl/XwS4cQ
"Everyone wants to get on the train leading to their preconceived conclusion. No, they ride them even if they shouldn't!" - ZSZS
#12Megaman OmegaPosted 3/31/2014 3:48:04 PM
HayashiTakara posted...
3DS is a better investment, since it has a ton of great games, and there's Fire Emblem to sate your Tactical RPG needs. And as you know Nintendo handhelds gets tons of support, so you're safe with this purchase.

If I were you, I'd wait like another year then pick up a Wii U to play Wii games on top of Wii U games, it'll be a better investment than to pick up a Wii where there's no longer any support.

---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#13nanofazz97(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 6:06:00 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
shotgunheadshot posted...
Get a Wii or wiiU. I don't know why in 2014 people are still playing handhhelds. The graphics are garbage on the 3ds anyway with a crappy 3d effect. Get a home console to get the real 3D thing.

LOL

A game doesn't necessarily need a higher number of polygons to be good.
Believe it or not, some people actually care more about the games themselves than they do about graphics. Shocker, right?

The reason why I'm leaning towards the 3DS is not only because it's a handheld with good controls and I can take the game wherever I want, but also because all of the best JRPGs have left the home consoles, and are now on the handhelds, particularly the 3DS. I too, am not all about graphics, and in my opinion, the PS4 looks so similar to the PS3, that I am losing desire to move on with Sony. I know that Nintendo will be something different, for me, but I want to be sure that I am buying the right console.
#14HayashiTakaraPosted 3/31/2014 6:16:39 PM
nanofazz97 posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
shotgunheadshot posted...
Get a Wii or wiiU. I don't know why in 2014 people are still playing handhhelds. The graphics are garbage on the 3ds anyway with a crappy 3d effect. Get a home console to get the real 3D thing.

LOL

A game doesn't necessarily need a higher number of polygons to be good.
Believe it or not, some people actually care more about the games themselves than they do about graphics. Shocker, right?

The reason why I'm leaning towards the 3DS is not only because it's a handheld with good controls and I can take the game wherever I want, but also because all of the best JRPGs have left the home consoles, and are now on the handhelds, particularly the 3DS. I too, am not all about graphics, and in my opinion, the PS4 looks so similar to the PS3, that I am losing desire to move on with Sony. I know that Nintendo will be something different, for me, but I want to be sure that I am buying the right console.

Yeah Shotgun is obviously shallow and has no idea what he's missing. The 3DS is currently the platform of choice currently this gen. Any of the other consoles WiiU/PS4/XBOne, can wait another year or two, before their library is actually decent enough to warrant a purchase.