So somehow Nintendo tried to fix my 3DS now - I am confused!

#1YumeOMiruPosted 4/1/2014 1:45:13 PM
Related thread:http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/68916635

So, when I tried to get my cash back from the store I bought my 3DS XL Limited Edition Fire Emblem (it had defect pixel on the upper screen), they told me they would only do that if Nintendo denied them the repair (yeah, they know Nintendo denied repair for me, so now they want Nintendo to repair it for them, and see if that works). They told me they will contact me the next day about the results.

And today, the store told me that the repair was approved and the 3DS was on itīs way to the HQ. I would get the new copy of my limited 3DSXL if they couldnīt repair it. And of course, if they could replace the upper screen, it would be free of charge

Now, you guys have told me they donīt do repairs on limited editions of 3DS, and I when I called Nintendo support last time, the support told me they donīt have FE limited edition 3DS XL in stock. Does that mean the store just fed me lies, and waits for my warranty to expire?

How would interpret this situation?
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#2The Blob2000Posted 4/1/2014 1:52:12 PM
Which store was this? If it were me, I just wouldn't agree to hand the system over unless I got a replacement right there before leaving. Sounds like a terrible return policy.
---
NNID: TendaShy
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#3DarthZeldaPosted 4/1/2014 2:23:31 PM
Sounds fishy, but maybe Nintendo only works with the stores to replace special order systems.

I would phone Nintendo to see what the mix up is. Ask them why they told you no but the store was told yes. Might be a pain, but it sure beats paying for broken item that might not be fixed.
You have every right to have a system in perfect working condition when bought new.
---
This sentence is false. The previous sentence is true.
#4mrjack3112Posted 4/1/2014 2:24:13 PM
Still sucks for you TC
I would of just gone for a regular 3ds
I cant believe Nintendo would give the store a repair and not you wtf
#5aamotPosted 4/1/2014 2:49:30 PM
With as frustrated and borderline inflammatory as your original posts here were, I had assumed that your phone demeanor had caused you problems with the representative.

The responses you told us they had given you didn't make any sense.

But I hope it all works out! FE:A is an awesome game and the limited edition casing looks great.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
FC: 2938-5923-5833
#6YumeOMiru(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2014 3:28:08 PM
The Blob2000 posted...
Which store was this? If it were me, I just wouldn't agree to hand the system over unless I got a replacement right there before leaving. Sounds like a terrible return policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Markt
This one, and they do have one of the worst return policy + customer satisfaction Iīve ever experienced. They had the bundle for the cheapest in the whole country, so yeah....

DarthZelda posted...
Sounds fishy, but maybe Nintendo only works with the stores to replace special order systems.
I would phone Nintendo to see what the mix up is. Ask them why they told you no but the store was told yes. Might be a pain, but it sure beats paying for broken item that might not be fixed.
You have every right to have a system in perfect working condition when bought new.

Yes, thatīs why I created this thread. And Nintendo did say they would replace it, just not with the same model and content.

aamot posted...
With as frustrated and borderline inflammatory as your original posts here were, I had assumed that your phone demeanor had caused you problems with the representative.

The responses you told us they had given you didn't make any sense.

But I hope it all works out! FE:A is an awesome game and the limited edition casing looks great.

Well, I did vent a little pent up anger, is the internet after all.

Do anyone got a link about their policy on limited 3ds? Canīt find what Iīm looking for in google.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.