Why is Nintendo doing so well with handhelds, but not with the Wii U?

#1vnisanian01Posted 4/4/2014 10:05:33 PM
Topic
#2SalogyPosted 4/4/2014 10:06:37 PM
Because Flappy Bird.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#31to63Posted 4/4/2014 10:07:13 PM
Steel Diver.
#4Pork_buttonmashPosted 4/4/2014 10:26:22 PM
Wii U isn't portable. It has a crappy name. It has no games. It's still overpriced. It has crappy specs compared to the Xbone and PS4. It doesn't use cartridges like the SNES. Blowing dust off discs isn't nostalgic like blow dust out carts.
---
Not changing sig until the person who took my virginity calls me again... Please call me again. :(
#5TearsfoUniversePosted 4/4/2014 10:36:42 PM
because people think it is a wii add-on
---
Completed Nuzlocke, Fire Red. Pokemon: Charizard, Shiny Tangela, Venomoth, Zapdos. RIP Gyarados, Hitmonchan
#6Starwars4JPosted 4/5/2014 12:08:45 AM
Pork_buttonmash posted...
Wii U isn't portable. It has a crappy name. It has no games. It's still overpriced. It has crappy specs compared to the Xbone and PS4. It doesn't use cartridges like the SNES. Blowing dust off discs isn't nostalgic like blow dust out carts.

The naming wasn't any different than it was for the 3DS, it has the highest rated gen 8 home console game, and far more than competing home consoles, and it's $100 cheaper not including the mandatory online fees the competitors have. So...yeah.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7EgoMouse32Posted 4/5/2014 12:31:56 AM
Well, because the people who want it doesn't have money...like me xD
3DS is more affordable, and for now, has more games.
---
My 3DS FC: 0387-9566-9545 Name: Chip
My New Leaf Dream Address: 5500-2141-6855 NokM-Ice established: 6/8/13
#8PuddingchanPosted 4/5/2014 12:37:51 AM
3DS has more value for money right now. All the games I want are there. Wii U has nothing that I want. Also, Wii U is not portable, so I don't want it.
---
My FC : 3496 9827 6089
Rock safari, nosepass corsola shuckle
#9kaliskonigPosted 4/5/2014 12:38:16 AM
Because there is no other competition. 3rd parties have no choice to go to nintendo to cater to the none "Mobile" handheld market. What is wrong with Nintendo's console fronts is simply that the competition is much more welcoming and caters to the needs of the 3rd party developer more.
---
3DS FC : 0688-5265-1189
PSN: Alksheperd
#10edgarmorrtisPosted 4/5/2014 12:51:31 AM
Starwars4J posted...
Pork_buttonmash posted...

The naming wasn't any different than it was for the 3DS, it has the highest rated gen 8 home console game, and far more than competing home consoles, and it's $100 cheaper not including the mandatory online fees the competitors have. So...yeah.

The naming of the 3DS still baffles the f*** out of casual consumers. I used to work in the electronics department in my local Target. Worked there for 2 years. Almost went insane with how many times I was asked "whats the difference" or "can he play 3DS games in his ds??" The only leg up the 3DS has in the name department is that it's an almost clever pun.

Though the wii u is cheaper the lack of software, hardware power, and 3rd party support is killing it. As much of a fan of nintendo as I am, I still don't have a wii u, and I find it hard to justify spending 300 on a console that's underpowered, and will never have the big name 3rd party games.

I bought a wii years ago...I've only bought and played....about 8 games for it...I, and many other consumers are a bit hesitant on making that mistake again.