Last dime I give Nintendo. Never again.

#71mjc0961Posted 4/28/2014 1:59:17 AM
xIvan321 posted...
ITT: I like a lot of the posts, at the same time all the other posters are horrible that basically imply that the TC is a troll by just saying it or throwing other insults or counter arguments that do not make sense.

The TC may be angry (understandably), but calling him a troll doesn't help him or give him good suggestions.

The point of calling him a troll is that those people think he isn't looking for help or suggestions. Not really a surprise why they wouldn't give any then, is it?

And TC is a troll and there's no help or suggestions to give him. "Oh no, I took apart my system and couldn't fix it so I stupidly told Nintendo what I did and now I'm crying that they won't fix it for me." What kind of help or suggestions would you like anyone to give him beyond "don't open your game systems if you can't fix them yourself" and "man up and deal with it because other companies do the same thing; for example better back up your PS3 regularly because if it dies you can never get that data off its hard drive to save it"?

TC is either a troll or just completely clueless on how the world works.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#72mjc0961Posted 4/28/2014 2:01:40 AM
irulethegalaxy posted...
I really kind of wonder how TC spoke to/treated the Nintendo rep. With that kind of vitriolic anger in the post (requiring TWO, count 'em, TWO full messages to rant), I suspect that perhaps the conversation wasn't as calm and reasonable as it could have been.

I've found that Nintendo reps are pretty much willing to go above and beyond if you are polite to them. People in tech support basically get screamed at all day by people just like the TC. But some simple manners and they'll chase down the moon and stars. My hubby mistakenly bought a high value (I forget...$50?) eshop card for the wrong system before they unified it...completely worthless to me and unusable on my system (Side note: I shake my fist in anger at the Gamestop employee who sold him the card, after hubby specifically asked "This will work on the 3DS....right?). They made it right for me after a 5 minute phone call, and a quick emailed pic of the card. Half an hour later, they had credited my account AND emailed to be sure I had gotten it.

Moral of the story: Manners. Use them.

PS: Fairly certain Nintendo has repair centers in Canada, which would save you the huge shipping charges....politely arguing that the NEW system is under warranty could net you free shipping as well.

---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#73ReloadPsiPosted 4/28/2014 2:13:15 AM
And things like that, my friend, are why I haven't bought anything digital since 2009.
---
People still want an FF7 remake? Geez, that sure is a lot of people eager to see the Honey Bee Inn bathtub scene in Advent Children graphics.
#74BaconPancakesPosted 4/28/2014 2:39:46 AM
I never buy digital from Nintendo. I only did on the Wii with a few virtual console games which I loved as a kid. Nintendo in Australia are also jerks. Out of the big three...Sony has it best when it comes to customer support and overall treatment.
---
P.S.N. - Matface.
Go forth; touch the Demon inside of me.
#75Spade21XPosted 4/28/2014 3:01:24 AM
This is why I buy physical instead of digital.
---
Currently Playing: Batman: Arkham City (PS3) | The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (WiiU)
PSN: Spade21X - NFC: 5241 - 1904 - 3885
#76GREEN00Posted 4/28/2014 3:24:00 AM
This is why you don't buy games digitally.
---
Pokemon X FC: 2105-8656-2510
My collection, http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/GREEN00/games/owned?platform=0
#77arvilinoPosted 4/28/2014 3:26:21 AM(edited)
Northern_Rose posted...

My 3DS XL breaks by normal use. I opened it and it broke it. I didn't drop it or get it wet or anything like that. .

Yeah that's what they always say. There's typically more to these "it just broke" stories than what the person initially suggests.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#78samurai1900Posted 4/28/2014 4:45:27 AM(edited)
With Nintendo's antique online functions, buying digital at this point is not smartest of decisions, thus I have observed.

EDIT*
But as said before, you should have first called Nintendo, not open up the system.
---
For Shuppet fans and lovers - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ShuppetForLife
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSamurai190//
#79Steelix500Posted 4/28/2014 4:44:01 AM
TBH you shouldn't have opened your XL. This whole mess would have been avoided.
---
Currently Playing: Megaman X Collection, Pokemon Soul Silver, and Megaman X Command Mission
#80Catluver17Posted 4/28/2014 5:02:58 AM
Braaaaaains.

TC has none. Also hasnt posted since OP. 'Nuff said.
---
Being intelligent is a full time job.
3DS FC 1633-4915-5991. Y Safari: Rock: Dwebble, Corsola, Rhydon.