Any RPGs i should get for the 3ds besides Pokemon?

#31BlueEye0Posted 5/18/2014 1:22:01 PM
Maybe Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance but a newcomer would not understand the story at all. The gameplay is among the best in the series though.
And if you happen to be a One Piece fan. One Piece: Romance Dawn.
---
3DS FC:2809-8335-2844
#32shadowenclave47(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 1:36:26 PM
BlueEye0 posted...
Maybe Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance but a newcomer would not understand the story at all. The gameplay is among the best in the series though.
And if you happen to be a One Piece fan. One Piece: Romance Dawn.

I have played BBS and 1.5 (But im thinking about skipping RE:COM because i don't really like the gameplay of it)
---
You fool! This isn't even my final form.
#33tooweakPosted 5/19/2014 12:26:05 AM
Hmmm
Obviously Pokemon main series (X/Y if you haven't, AS/OR when they release).

If you haven't checked it out yet, try the demo for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (although Explorers of Sky for regular DS is my favorite in the series). If you don't like it, no big loss since the demo is free. If you do like it, the demo's progress for Gates can transfer over to the full version. The gameplay of the Mystery Dungeon series is a bit hit or miss for some players, but the story and characters is what stands out to me in this spinoff series.

A lot of the series from more hardcore series, including Fire Emblem Awakening and Etrian Odyssey 4 and Untold, have recently been adding OPTIONS to make the game easier/more accessible to newcomers (and all three of the above have demo's available on the eShop). Although honestly, EO4 main storyline on normal difficulty was still easier for me than EO2 or EO3, assuming you more or less played all three without hunting down the most OP setups online ahead of time.
---
What games were most influential in making you the gamer you are today?
DW1, FF4, Pokemon Gen 1-2, Smash Bros series, FF11, Klonoa DtP, PMD Explorers, WKC1/2
#34pikachupwnagePosted 5/19/2014 6:57:54 AM
shadowenclave47 posted...
Hejiru posted...
Fire Emblem Awakening

Im horrible at SRPGs lol.

There is a casual mode that makes it much easier and multiple difficulty settings :)
---
You gotta go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb. That's the Nintendo way-Dancing_Cactaur
#35bigtim777Posted 5/19/2014 7:28:23 AM
Tales of the Abyss. Can be hard at some points (but depends on what difficult you play).
---
FF6 > FF13 > LR:FFXIII > FF4-AY > FF5 > FF4 > FF13-2 > FF10 > FF3 > FF1 > FF2
#36masa8munePosted 5/19/2014 7:43:28 AM
Tales of the abyss
Fire emblem awakening, yes its THAT good, buy it and set it on casual/easy.
it's almost impossible to lose then.
Devil survivor: overclocked.... this too has easy mode
---
Hyped for: Persona 5, X,Tales of xillia 2 and Zestiria, SSB4.
My 3DS FC: 5198 - 3792 - 7885 feel free to add me
#37evoxpiscesPosted 5/19/2014 8:28:40 AM
Not the best game in the series but... Mario & Luigi Dream Team
---
For the Ivalice Alliance!
Not changing my signature until Final Fantasy XII HD is announced.
#38captainjeff87Posted 5/19/2014 9:42:46 AM
Bravely Default

Of the games I've bought so far, it's by far the best. This is coming from someone who doesn't like RPG's that much either with exception of Kingdom Hearts and a few FF here and there.

With or without grinding (but trust me you'll need to grind), this game will give you more than what you paid for. Haven't even cleared the first chapter and already 15 hours in. Mostly grinding.
---
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
#39bigtim777Posted 5/19/2014 11:08:39 AM
captainjeff87 posted...
Bravely Default

Of the games I've bought so far, it's by far the best. This is coming from someone who doesn't like RPG's that much either with exception of Kingdom Hearts and a few FF here and there.

With or without grinding (but trust me you'll need to grind), this game will give you more than what you paid for. Haven't even cleared the first chapter and already 15 hours in. Mostly grinding.

Which is one of the reasons I don't buy BD. The grinding. I know almost no RPG makes grinding a MUST but this game is all about fast battles to max out your jobs (thus grinding in my eyes). And I dislike job-system games.
---
FF6 > FF13 > LR:FFXIII > FF4-AY > FF5 > FF4 > FF13-2 > FF10 > FF3 > FF1 > FF2
#40AxtlarPosted 5/19/2014 12:38:39 PM
SMTIV has an easy mode once you die enough times.
---
PM for 3DS code/Steam ID.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg