If Nintendo's NGP is backwards compatible, will you be keeping your 3DS?

#11Lelouch71Posted 5/18/2014 9:32:59 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
Ooseye posted...
Wario_man posted...
Yeah, I've never thrown out or given away a console just because a new one has come out.

---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#12INKU48Posted 5/18/2014 9:47:49 PM
I'd keep it. Arguably the best place to play DS games on. Mostly because of the Activity Log.
---
ARM7TDMI @ 16.8 MHz | 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM | 256 kilobyte WRAM | 512 simultaneous colors | Dual 8-bit DAC stereo sound
#13Granadico_Posted 5/18/2014 9:48:52 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
Ooseye posted...
Wario_man posted...
Yeah, I've never thrown out or given away a console just because a new one has come out.

---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) and Ki Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#14SoeroahPosted 5/18/2014 10:52:35 PM
Course I'll keep it. If the new system breaks, I'd want something to play 3DS and DS games on while I wait for a repair/new one.

No sense in getting rid of an old system if a new one is backwards compatible, much like there's no sense in not wanting backwards compatibility because you keep your old systems.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#15Megamushroom666Posted 5/18/2014 10:56:49 PM
If the new portable's slot accepts 3DS cards, it would physically have to accept DS cards too. Nintendo should go the extra mile and include DS + 3DS backwards compatibility.
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com
#16ALinkAlonePosted 5/18/2014 11:27:19 PM
Wasn't "NGP" the codename of the Vita?

I mean, sure, you want to use it as an acronym for the next gen portable, but still...
#17ganstamaoriPosted 5/18/2014 11:29:28 PM
I have a regular DS that I keep around for GBA games, but I guess I'd keep it due to all the Zelda I bought off the eshop. Unless Nintendo lets us have a proper account system where we can transfer all that.
---
Junpei: This is a tough case, even for Junpei Iori, Ace Detective.
Yukari: Ace Detective? ... Are you stupid or something? More like Stupei, Ace Defective.
#18robomasteralphaPosted 5/19/2014 3:46:44 AM
Granadico_ posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
Ooseye posted...
Wario_man posted...

---
Lasagna is food of warriors and kings. Do not be forgetting this, you worms.
#19rockyminPosted 5/19/2014 4:01:43 AM
ALinkAlone posted...

I mean, sure, you want to use it as an acronym for the next gen portable, but still...

Yes and Sony should sue Nintendo if they use that codename.
---
"It's funny how dumb you are" -Bill Cipher
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#20SoeroahPosted 5/19/2014 4:07:34 AM
rockymin posted...
ALinkAlone posted...

Yes and Sony should sue Nintendo if they use that codename.

Wait, that was actually it's code-name? Not a general acronym?

Wow, that's...arrogant. That's like Nintendo code naming it's next console "new system".

In any case, most of Nintendo's code names seem to be single words referencing some part of the hardware more than anything to do with what the console will be. I think Dolphin referred to one of the chips they were using?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.