Question to those who live in the Portland, Oregon area....

#1TgirlPosted 5/29/2014 8:23:22 PM
How good or common are your StreetPasses, when you walk around the streets? (Not counting Relay hotspots.) I'll be visiting your region next week for a few days. I'm curious as to what to expect. :D
---
kh-info-block.tumblr.com [read] [educate] [understand] // NNID: Tgirl0
#2Aura_SpherePosted 5/29/2014 9:12:45 PM
Not as good as Japan.
---
lol
#3Remi0327Posted 5/29/2014 9:14:57 PM
You should take advantage of the lack of sales tax and go on an eShop buying spree, since you're physically there it wouldn't technically count as tax evasion. Right? Right.
---
My waifu thinks I'm the waifu. Love letters received from Raz, my waifu: 9 - never change, waifu. Never change.
3DS FC: 0834-1209-0204
#4SoeroahPosted 5/29/2014 9:21:26 PM
Why does everyone I know online have some relation to Portland, Oregon?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#5Remi0327Posted 5/29/2014 9:37:25 PM
I don't, aside from changing my eShop zip code to nab Moon Chronicles with the change in my acc. >.>'

Chicago master race.
---
My waifu thinks I'm the waifu. Love letters received from Raz, my waifu: 9 - never change, waifu. Never change.
#6TheLastSpeciesPosted 5/29/2014 9:43:44 PM(edited)
I live in Salem, and really the relays are your best bet for any streetpasses, mc donalds, burger king, etc. You might get 2-3 in the lloyd center maybe.

Also Portland has a streetpass group on facebook.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1118-1357-9485
#7Tgirl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2014 9:51:36 PM
Aura_Sphere posted...
Not as good as Japan.

Of course not. I don't expect it to be. ^__^ I completely understand Portland isn't a densely populated city, unlike my state/tri-state area where I live. So, coming across 10-15 SPs in a day will be like hitting a lottery ticket. Hopefully, a lot of SP hits during Portland's Rose Parade. Parades generally are a good source of some SPs. ;)

And due to my area being densely populated, random passing by SPs do happen a few times per month, on top of relay hotspots and Mitsuwa visits. If it's the city, then, you've struck gold. Not as good as Japan, but, I'll take it.

To any Portlanders/Washington Staters, if you're in need of pink pieces, definitely check out the up-coming Rose Parade. I'll be your special guest SP hotspot should I happen to pass by you. >D

Remi0327 posted...
You should take advantage of the lack of sales tax and go on an eShop buying spree, since you're physically there it wouldn't technically count as tax evasion. Right? Right.

You got a point. *rubs chin* Buuuuut, I don't think I'll be making any eshop purchases next week. I do have a small backlog on my 3DS. The next game I want is the recently released Layton, and I plan on getting that physically. :> Appreciate your tip though. ^_^

Soeroah posted...
Why does everyone I know online have some relation to Portland, Oregon?

I don't know, Soe. O__o Maybe, because the West coast, of the U.S., is closer to you? I'm going to be sleeping soon. ^_^ Well, I feel pretty honored to be included into your Portland collection. :D East coast represent, huzzah!
---
#8Tgirl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2014 9:59:25 PM(edited)
Remi0327 posted...
I don't, aside from changing my eShop zip code to nab Moon Chronicles with the change in my acc. >.>'

Chicago master race.

Oh, I seeeeee. :D By the way, I've visited Chicago twice. Managed to nab a decent amount of StreetPasses long before the Relay was implemented. Your city isn't too bad in the SP department. Same goes for the suburb next to the O'Hare Airport, Elk Grove Village.

Was pretty shocked to get some SPs in the lobby of the hotel I stayed in during my second visit. (But, I don't recommend staying at this hotel. Wi-fi isn't free. -- Swissotel)

TheLastSpecies posted...
I live in Salem, and really the relays are your best bet for any streetpasses, mc donalds, burger king, etc. You might get 2-3 in the lloyd center maybe.

Also Portland has a streetpass group on facebook.

Lloyd Center? Ok, thank you for all the advice. :)

(Note, I don't need pink pieces, but I am in the process of collecting more blue pieces without using Play Coins. Unless, Nintendo drops us a new board next month.... Anyways, I'm going to be sharing my pink piece wealth with you guys at the Rose Parade. :D )
---
#9AntibusLakshmiPosted 5/29/2014 10:04:29 PM(edited)
I live in Medford, which definitely isn't Portland area, but I get a pretty fair amount of Streetpasses. I don't take my 3DS out often, but last time I did I got three just from going by the gas station and movie theater.
If you're still in Portland next January and have the free time, cruise by the Portland Convention Center when Wizard World Comic-Con is in town. I got something like 35-40 Streetpasses in three days there last year.
#10Remi0327Posted 5/29/2014 10:07:43 PM
Tgirl posted...
Remi0327 posted...

Chicago master race.

Oh, I seeeeee. :D By the way, I've visited Chicago twice. Managed to nab a decent amount of StreetPasses long before the Relay was implemented. Your city isn't too bad in the SP department.

Was pretty shocked to get some SPs in the lobby of the hotel I stayed in during my second visit. (But, I don't recommend staying at this hotel. Wi-fi isn't free. -- Swissotel)

It's decent in the Loop & certain North & West side neighborhoods. Hipsters are finally starting to buy them, which is good & scary at the same time.

Also, we've got StreetPass Chicago, so that's drawing a decent amount of suburbanites & city-dwellers.

Oh, and most hotels are getting pretty skimpy with the wi-fi I've noticed. Shame, really. Glad I live here, lol...
---