Question to those who live in the Portland, Oregon area....

#11Tgirl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2014 9:25:45 PM(edited)
AntibusLakshmi posted...
I live in Medford, which definitely isn't Portland area, but I get a pretty fair amount of Streetpasses. I don't take my 3DS out often, but last time I did I got three just from going by the gas station and movie theater.
If you're still in Portland next January and have the free time, cruise by the Portland Convention Center when Wizard World Comic-Con is in town. I got something like 35-40 Streetpasses in three days there last year.

Appreciate your suggestions/advice. Yeah, those random places, like a gas station can be pretty rare. You're lucky on getting one in a gas station. In my area, I've also gotten SPs from a few movie theaters and a convenience/gas station store hybrid, so I can relate to that in a way. ^__^

Hmm... Watching a movie in Portland doesn't sound too bad..., come to think of it.

I'm only in Portland for four days. So, it's a short visit. ^__^ Thanks for letting me know about the event though. (In my area, we do have a Comic-con, which I never really have the time to walk by it. I'd have to pay toll fee or boat fee just to visit it.)

Remi0327 posted...
It's decent in the Loop & certain North & West side neighborhoods. Hipsters are finally starting to buy them, which is good & scary at the same time.

Also, we've got StreetPass Chicago, so that's drawing a decent amount of suburbanites & city-dwellers.

Oh, and most hotels are getting pretty skimpy with the wi-fi I've noticed. Shame, really. Glad I live here, lol...

>D Haha... Really? I thought it was just the hotel I was staying at. Oh okay.

Thank you, again, for your advice/trivia. :D I definitely felt some hipster vibe in the northern part of the city. That one particular area with a cafe + fountain in the middle, and a bunch of restaurants surrounding it. Awesome food.
---
kh-info-block.tumblr.com [read] [educate] [understand] // NNID: Tgirl0
#12Remi0327Posted 5/29/2014 9:59:11 PM
Tgirl posted...
Remi0327 posted...
It's decent in the Loop & certain North & West side neighborhoods. Hipsters are finally starting to buy them, which is good & scary at the same time.

Also, we've got StreetPass Chicago, so that's drawing a decent amount of suburbanites & city-dwellers.

Oh, and most hotels are getting pretty skimpy with the wi-fi I've noticed. Shame, really. Glad I live here, lol...

>D Haha... Really? I thought it was just the hotel I was staying at. Oh okay.

Thank you, again, for your advice/trivia. :D I definitely felt some hipster vibe in the northern part of the city. That one particular area with a cafe + fountain in the middle, and a bunch of restaurants surrounding it. Awesome food.

I'm ashamed to say I can't think of that particular area. We don't really have that many fountains, now that I think about it. It's very easy now to get hits via relays though, simply because we have lots of McDonald's & Home Depots. How were the hits @ O'Hare itself? I've had okay results @ Midway, but I haven't been to O'Hare since getting my 3DS.
---
My waifu thinks I'm the waifu. Love letters received from Raz, my waifu: 9 - never change, waifu. Never change.
3DS FC: 0834-1209-0204
#13Tgirl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2014 2:08:56 PM
^ I see. I didn't go into any McD's when I was in Chicago. Definitely didn't pass by (or went into) any Home Depots. But that's great for you. :D

All the relays, in my area, don't go outside their buildings, with the exception of the malls. You really have to get inside a Starbucks or some other building to get that relay hit. (I live in a suburb. You can't just walk to these places.)

As for O'Hare, it's been awhile so I don't remember now. But on all my airport SP hits, I usually average about two to three hits per airport visit, which are good enough. So, I'm pretty sure I got about two from O'Hare.
---
kh-info-block.tumblr.com [read] [educate] [understand] // NNID: Tgirl0
#14Fierce_Deity_08Posted 6/3/2014 7:38:25 AM
For some reason, Home Depot is a REALLY good Streetpass relay point for me. I went there once and got 28 hits.
---
With a roar of thunder and crash of lightning, I am Fierce Deity!
GT: OnikaraStar, PSN: Onikara, NNID: OnikaraStar
#15Remi0327Posted 6/3/2014 2:56:19 PM
Anywhere from 2-5 "attwifi" hotspots in a single location. Very handy.
---
My waifu thinks I'm the waifu. Love letters received from Raz, my waifu: 9 - never change, waifu. Never change.
#16WrestlinFanPosted 6/3/2014 3:10:48 PM
*meanwhile in ****berg, MS: WrestlinFan basks in the knowledge that he has only gotten one streetpass to date in a city with a population of seven thousand*
---
"I went to art school you goddamn mark." - DizzyTechno
R.I.P Razieru.The emptiest and yet the fullest of all human messages: Good-bye.
#17Remi0327Posted 6/3/2014 3:15:46 PM
WrestlinFan posted...
*meanwhile in ****berg, MS: WrestlinFan basks in the knowledge that he has only gotten one streetpass to date in a city with a population of seven thousand*

7k? Something tells me the 3DS-Resident ratio probably isn't too high to begin with... Unless you're a suburb, in which case, that sucks.
---