How do you feel about the "Harvest Moon" name change ?

#1MineralPlusBoxPosted 5/30/2014 12:16:48 PM
I personally think the series might be in danger in the west if they don't somehow buy the rights to use the original localized name.

Some harvest moon fans might not know about it and might end up not buying the game which could lead to low sales and no more localization. :-(

Besides "Story of Seasons" just doesn't seem right as a name, I don't know ...
---
Friendcode : 1607-1877-1442
#2RygonPosted 5/30/2014 12:21:27 PM
I'm glad to have a much better publisher.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#3TranquilSeaPosted 5/30/2014 12:26:35 PM
With the many loyal XSEED fans as well as HM fans spreading news of the name change through social media, sales should be just fine. I can't imagine that many people buying (or not buying) a game purely based on its name alone.

As for the name itself, it sounds fine. Harvest Moon sounds better, but Story of Seasons makes a lot more sense.
---
"Do something you can't just because you can." - Rin
#4acerola-orionPosted 5/30/2014 12:30:29 PM
Neutral.

I don't expect it to have a significant impact on sales. If you don't know or don't find out about this game by the time of its Western release, you must not be a very avid Harvest Moon fan.
---
Now Playing: high impact sexual violence
#teammarika
#5Galeforce99Posted 5/30/2014 12:32:13 PM
I really couldn't care less what it's called as long as the content is the same. Seems like a really silly thing to whine about, but gamers will stop at nothing to spew negativity after all so it's not surprising.
---
Latest game(s) crossed off of my backlog: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocture / Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
(2 games same day).
#6KGTriggerPosted 5/30/2014 12:43:05 PM
I don't care, but your topic has definitely left me disgruntled.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#7SMASHKING84Posted 5/30/2014 12:46:52 PM
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmRrjiZCiuY
I'm a furry deal with or shut up.
#8forest_wandererPosted 5/30/2014 12:57:03 PM
I'm excited for the game.

I'm kinda sad to see it release without the Harvest Moon brand.

I feel like it may lose a few sales from not having that brand name attached to it.

However Natsume is borderline joke-tier, and seeing XSEED handle the game makes me glad.

So overall, I am neutral about the matter. I will still get and enjoy the game.
---
We are adorable. Our pizza could kick your pizza's ass: http://www.poorcouplesfoodguide.com
#9BlueswordsXPosted 5/30/2014 1:09:54 PM
While Natsume struck gold with the name "Harvest Moon", the shift to XSEED is definitely for the better! I like the new title Story of Seasons as well. I'm just glad it's not being called "Farm Story" (the literal translation of the Japanese title)!
---
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!
#10Galeforce99Posted 5/30/2014 1:11:32 PM
Harvest Story would have been a good name XD
---
Latest game(s) crossed off of my backlog: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocture / Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
(2 games same day).