Tomodachi Life - 5/10

#41Megaman OmegaPosted 6/6/2014 7:39:38 AM
tofu_tofu posted...
I trust IGN: 8.4 is a great score !

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/06/06/tomodachi-life-review

But what does IGN Italy say about it?
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#42WrestlinFanPosted 6/6/2014 7:42:23 AM
tofu_tofu posted...
I trust IGN: 8.4 is a great score !

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/06/06/tomodachi-life-review

Why is the review so short?
---
"I went to art school you goddamn mark." - DizzyTechno
R.I.P Razieru.The emptiest and yet the fullest of all human messages: Good-bye.
#43dascylusPosted 6/6/2014 8:19:25 AM
evoxpisces posted...
DjHotness posted...
Game seems incredibly boring. I watched GameXplains preview and fell asleep for 3 hours.

Lol! Yes it does seem very boring. I was actually thinking of getting it but then I found out you have NO direct control over your character. I was instantly turned off.
#44SandslashedPosted 6/6/2014 8:27:30 AM
Mivo posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
So he basically calls the game terrible and still gives it a 5. What a lousy reviewer. There was no need to mention the lack of same sex marriage as a problem either, because it isn't.

If you read the review, you'll find that he did mention aspects that he liked, and that you can have a few hours of fun with the game, and that there are probably people who'll enjoy it well enough. He, however, concluded that, "Yet despite its exuberance and eccentricity, it's hard to recommend a life simulator with no real sense of simulation, and very little in the way of life." That makes it an appropriate 5/10.

The same-gender marriage may not be a problem for you, but it is for other people. The omission of it, in a 2014 life simulation, is what makes it a controversial topic. Not including it in this type of game is a political statement as much as it would be to release a life sim game with only Caucasian character choices.

It is, however, a fleeting issue only, because in twenty or thirty years same-sex marriages will be as normal and unnoticed as a black woman in the front seat of a bus is today. (Which, too, was unthinkable only a few decades ago.) At the root, it's the same issue, though, and that is why omitting same-sex marriages is a concern.

There will still be games without same sex marriage just like there are games without the ability to make your avatar black.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2595 - 0912 - 2733
#45nikowwfPosted 6/6/2014 9:44:59 AM
Anyone who mentions the same sex marriage as this easy fix either didn't play the game or doesn't know actual gay people because a male/female dynamic is not the same as a male/male dynamic in a gay relationship. You couldn't just remove the female aspect of one partner and make the relationships gay.
The interviewer didn't like anything about the game