A-Train: City Simulator

#1Freelance_WolfPosted 6/5/2014 9:29:38 PM(edited)
is coming to NA, courtesy of Natsume.

It's a a long running series in Japan. It promises to blend city and transportation simulation, as you're the head of the local transportation agency your job is to keep trains, buses and subway services running smoothly.

Here's the official website to A-Train!
http://www.artdink.co.jp/japanese/title/a3d/index.html

Here's some videos on the website!
http://www.artdink.co.jp/japanese/title/a3d/gallery/01.html

Here's an example of the music:
http://www.artdink.co.jp/japanese/title/a3d/special/01.html

Looks neat but it may look too complicated for me. Oh, and it better have an Undo feature. It was so annoying in SimCity DS where, if you messed up building a road and destroyed your police station...you're screwed.

I like simulation games (on PC) though, so I'll be checking it out still. I don't know why it's only the Nintendo handhelds that get these games (SimCity, Dawn of Discovery, A-Train, etc). I would've loved to see them on the PSP and/or the Vita too.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#2Flamer_BluePosted 6/5/2014 9:38:42 PM
Looks really interesting. I might bite.
I liked Airport Hero Hawaii, another sim game.
---
PSN: Malakius
#3Freelance_Wolf(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2014 9:40:48 PM(edited)
I want Airport Hawaii, but that's more like a puzzle game than actual simulation. I wish it was cheaper so I can get it with one $20 card.

---
#4Remi0327Posted 6/5/2014 10:02:38 PM
I'll check links later, but I'm hoping for something similar to Chris Sawyer's Locomotion...
---
My waifu thinks I'm the waifu. Love letters received from Raz, my waifu: 9 - never change, waifu. Never change.
3DS FC: 0834-1209-0204
#5Flamer_BluePosted 6/5/2014 10:03:27 PM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
I want Airport Hawaii, but that's more like a puzzle game than actual simulation. I wish it was cheaper so I can get it with one $20 card.

You could get it with a $20 card. >_>
---
#6Freelance_Wolf(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2014 10:07:21 PM(edited)
Flamer_Blue posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...

Not where I live, The game costs $22 in the Canadian Eshop, and I get charged 13% tax when I buy games on the Eshop. $22 + 13% tax :(

---
#7Flamer_BluePosted 6/5/2014 10:13:03 PM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Flamer_Blue posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...

Not where I live, The game costs $22 in the Canadian Eshop, and I get charged 13% tax when I buy games on the Eshop. $22 + 13% tax :(

You should still go ahead and get it. It is a great game.
---
#8tuna-eggPosted 6/5/2014 11:48:48 PM
Hooray! I've been wanting to get this game for a while now but can't be bothered to play it in Japanese. This solves the problem :)
#9Freelance_Wolf(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 5:27:28 AM(edited)
I don't want to pay $40 to get a game for $22 + 13% tax though. If the 3DS version didn't sound better, I'd get an earlier game in the series on PSN for $19.99, so a $20 PSN card would cover it because I don't get charged tax.

---
#10esoteric42Posted 6/6/2014 10:51:22 AM
So glad we are getting more of the unique series that have enjoyed popularity in Japan localized this gen.

Upset we are getting more of the unique series that have enjoyed popularity in Japan localized because it makes my import 3DS useless.