Would Mega Man really do well under Nintendo?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Would Mega Man really do well under Nintendo?

User Info: celticsage

celticsage
2 years ago#21
First Nintendo is paying Capcom for using Mega Man, just like they are with Sonic...Pac-Man most likely, but with Namco helping to make SSB 4 they might make an exception. As for Nintendo never buying an ip from a 3rd party, don't ask them about Fatal Frame.
It's good to be king...unless Mario's chasing you
Pokemon Black 2752-0405-8925

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
2 years ago#22
in terms of quality? of course not, Nintendo games have been completely devoid of such post-Super Mario Galaxy

in terms of sales? of course, Nintendo fans will eat up whatever Nintendo puts out
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Maxx_the_Slash

Maxx_the_Slash
2 years ago#23
Mega Man would be great as a Nintendo property. I would even go for a series reboot to fix plot inconsistencies (particularly the X Series, which is a cluster**** of plot holes).

It shouldn't be a drastic reboot though. Character designs, music and gameplay should be the same (don't mess with what works), just remake levels and fix the plot holes.

Although, I think if Nintendo got control of Mega Man, they should merge with Keiji Inafune's Comcept studio and Inafune can "have his baby back". Then he can merge Mighty No. 9 with Mega Man and BOTH would be owned by Nintendo.
Opie & Anthony, XM 103/Sirius 206 | AC:NL/3DS: 3222-5637-7984 (Name: Josh)
Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash | XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash

User Info: RICKmT3

RICKmT3
2 years ago#24
Since I always immediately associate Mega Man with the NES and SNES I think he would be better off there. They could just keep making side-scrolling platformers. Mega Man 9 and 10 weren't so bad. I would even enjoy seeing a Mega Man "metroidvania" type game come out with the whole Super Metroid / SOTN exploration while obtaining various enemy abilities.

User Info: GreekTheftAuto

GreekTheftAuto
2 years ago#25
Screw Nintendo. I'm tellin yas, Wayforward or Yacht Club Games are the only ones who could really hit a grand slam
3ds FC: 4296-3083-3210
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Would Mega Man really do well under Nintendo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived