Would Mega Man really do well under Nintendo?

#21celticsagePosted 6/14/2014 10:35:10 AM
First Nintendo is paying Capcom for using Mega Man, just like they are with Sonic...Pac-Man most likely, but with Namco helping to make SSB 4 they might make an exception. As for Nintendo never buying an ip from a 3rd party, don't ask them about Fatal Frame.
---
It's good to be king...unless Mario's chasing you
Pokemon Black 2752-0405-8925
#22EndgamePosted 6/14/2014 11:02:10 AM
in terms of quality? of course not, Nintendo games have been completely devoid of such post-Super Mario Galaxy

in terms of sales? of course, Nintendo fans will eat up whatever Nintendo puts out
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#23Maxx_the_SlashPosted 6/14/2014 12:03:58 PM
Mega Man would be great as a Nintendo property. I would even go for a series reboot to fix plot inconsistencies (particularly the X Series, which is a cluster**** of plot holes).

It shouldn't be a drastic reboot though. Character designs, music and gameplay should be the same (don't mess with what works), just remake levels and fix the plot holes.

Although, I think if Nintendo got control of Mega Man, they should merge with Keiji Inafune's Comcept studio and Inafune can "have his baby back". Then he can merge Mighty No. 9 with Mega Man and BOTH would be owned by Nintendo.
---
Opie & Anthony, XM 103/Sirius 206 | AC:NL/3DS: 3222-5637-7984 (Name: Josh)
Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash | XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash
#24RICKmT3Posted 6/14/2014 12:12:44 PM
Since I always immediately associate Mega Man with the NES and SNES I think he would be better off there. They could just keep making side-scrolling platformers. Mega Man 9 and 10 weren't so bad. I would even enjoy seeing a Mega Man "metroidvania" type game come out with the whole Super Metroid / SOTN exploration while obtaining various enemy abilities.
#25GreekTheftAutoPosted 6/14/2014 12:15:47 PM
Screw Nintendo. I'm tellin yas, Wayforward or Yacht Club Games are the only ones who could really hit a grand slam
---
3ds FC: 4296-3083-3210