Project X Zone or Shin Megami Tensei IV?

#1jumper1234Posted 6/18/2014 3:28:14 AM(edited)
Im torn between the two, and from the demo I played of PXZ, it was really fun, but I dont know much about SMT IV, and was hoping if you guys could help in the decision making process. All I know about SMT IV is that it doesnt show any mercy when it comes to difficulty, but I heard it is good.

Or should I just get Persona 4: Golden for my Vita?
---
Waiting for: Super Smash Bros. 4, Mighty No. 9
3DS FC: 3652-1930-9604 (PM me your fc if you add me)
#2sandslash1Posted 6/18/2014 3:30:03 AM
Yeah, SMT IV definitely
PXZ is very repetitive and the battles are incredibly tedious, just an unpleasant experience
SMT IV may be harder than your average RPG, but you can save anywhere so you won't lose a lot of progress, and only the beginning of the game is really difficult
---
a
#3TJABPosted 6/18/2014 3:33:15 AM
This all depends if you've played SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked. Out of those 3 Persona 4 easily. Although SMT 4 is still a solid game it takes a while for the story to payoff and the pacing is sometimes ridiculously slow due to the map layout. DS:O is what i consider to be the best SMT game in the series simply based on the story and, more importantly, the AMAZING gameplay. If you havent i would give it a shot.
#4astrophysPosted 6/18/2014 3:33:21 AM
I've never heard of the first one, but I love both SMT IV and Persona 4 Golden.

The latter two are made by the same company and have similar (but still different) battle systems and spells/abilities. Their tone and themes are also different.

SMT IV has a much darker mood than P4.
#5jumper1234(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2014 3:37:44 AM
TJAB posted...
This all depends if you've played SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked.

I've actually never played any game in the Shin Megami Tensei series. I just want to know if SMT IV is a good one to start with or Persona 4: Golden?
---
#6sandslash1Posted 6/18/2014 3:44:28 AM
Both are fantastic, Persona is more Anime-y and has a lighter mood, while SMT IV is darker and is somewhat more mature
It's a matter of preference really, if you enjoy one you will most likely enjoy the other
---
a
#7jumper1234(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2014 3:50:09 AM
Thanks guys, I will probably get SMT IV, as right now its on sale at gamestop.
---
#8vanguard29Posted 6/18/2014 4:51:39 AM
P4G is one of my most favorite games, so that, but so is SMT IV. so either is a good choice. both is the best choice.
---
"If we want to defeat evil, we have to unite against platitudes." - Viridi
#nintendoomination
#9adampeltzPosted 6/18/2014 8:14:59 AM
SMT IV is my first Atlus rpg and I'm beyond impressed. It was a great place to start and I will play P4G next.

SMT IV is the first rpg I've gotten into since Chrono Trigger and I've really never played anything quite like it. It's pretty rad.
---
Am I going to pass the Bar exam? Please send me some good vibes.
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0 | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
#10mhayes86Posted 6/18/2014 8:23:27 AM
Between SMT IV and PXZ, SMT IV easily. The game can be a bit difficult, but if you see that you're struggling a lot, I think an easy difficulty option will unlock. I think it also has DLC you can pay for to earn more money and EXP, if you decide to go that route.

Now between SMT IV and P4G... I'd go with P4G. It has some dark moments, but it's more lighthearted than SMT IV, and comes off a bit like a typical high school anime (which isn't a bad thing), but the music, characters, voice overs, humor, etc., really held my interest and it was overall a lot of fun to play. You can't go wrong with either choice.