Best DS Castlevania?

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Best DS Castlevania?
2 years ago#41
Mega_Rat posted...
I loved Albus mode ... but I have a thing for gun weilders and his shots all had their uses as well as his melee attacks. It was a lot of fun for me.

Vertical Max Shhh ... There!

AWPTIKAL SHAWT

MACKS SHAWT

SHHHHANNOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH

anyway

Portrait>Ecclesia>DoS

Portrait was the most fun to play through, Ecclesia was a thoroughly enjoyable challenge, and DoS, while last, was also a decent romp.

In short you can't go wrong choosing any of them, so don't worry
Minerva says she still feels the Avatar is of this world...
Also that they smell delicious, but that's neither here nor there...
2 years ago#42
They are all excellent games worth owning. I personally like PoR the most just due to all the classic horror movie tributes. Dawn of Sorrow was an improvement over the first in gameplay but I didn't like the new villains as much, and while I'm usually a big fan of anime art styles, I wasn't fond of the shift from Ayami Kojima's haunting gothic artwork for the series. Order of Ecclesia was also awesome to play, and I really liked how they changed the setup to make it feel more like a journey across the land in bite-size stages, a link to the classic Castlevanias. However the characters were the least memorable for me, especially Albus, who I barely remember and wasn't nearly as interested in playing as compared to the Neo Castlevania III team of DoS and the Rondo of Blood team of PoR.
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!
2 years ago#43
Ecclesia is probably the most challenging, and it's a refreshing change playing as a female protagonist. But DoS is still my personal favorite.
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
2 years ago#44
I never knew DoS was so popular. I liked them all and I felt each one got progressively better and OoE was my fav.
2 years ago#45
GreekTheftAuto posted...
Wouldn't it be cool if they made a sequel to sotn where Simon gets resurrected and has to kill a now evil Alucard? I thought the twist of Zero taking on X, even though he was a copy (the original plot had him not as a copy) was one of my favorite plot ideas in games.

I'd dig that.
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Shin Megami Tensei IV
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
2 years ago#46
21_21 posted...
GreekTheftAuto posted...
Wouldn't it be cool if they made a sequel to sotn where Simon gets resurrected and has to kill a now evil Alucard? I thought the twist of Zero taking on X, even though he was a copy (the original plot had him not as a copy) was one of my favorite plot ideas in games.

I'd dig that.

Glad someone else would
3ds FC: 4296-3083-3210
2 years ago#47
AoS > OoE > PoR > DoS
Ironic that AoS is my favorite of the portable titles, while its sequel is my least favorite? You bet.
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
Razieru - Proof that even the loudest twits can be silenced.
2 years ago#48
Portrait of Ruin was the only one I could get into, I tried Order of Ecclasia but couldn't get into it but I still think it's a good game.
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...GCE Entertaining New Ideas. 1.048596
2 years ago#49
It seems Dawn has claimed a narrow yet deserved victory.
3ds FC: 4296-3083-3210
2 years ago#50
I always thought Portrait of Ruin was great. Never really got into Ecclasia, and never got a chance to play Dawn of Sorrow, wish I had though.
everything you do is a balloon
PSN: Bad_Brains
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Best DS Castlevania?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived