Best DS Castlevania?

#41Im_CherchePosted 6/21/2014 1:10:29 PM
Mega_Rat posted...
I loved Albus mode ... but I have a thing for gun weilders and his shots all had their uses as well as his melee attacks. It was a lot of fun for me.

Vertical Max Shhh ... There!

AWPTIKAL SHAWT

MACKS SHAWT

SHHHHANNOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH

anyway

Portrait>Ecclesia>DoS

Portrait was the most fun to play through, Ecclesia was a thoroughly enjoyable challenge, and DoS, while last, was also a decent romp.

In short you can't go wrong choosing any of them, so don't worry
---
Minerva says she still feels the Avatar is of this world...
Also that they smell delicious, but that's neither here nor there...
#42BlueswordsXPosted 6/21/2014 3:46:09 PM
They are all excellent games worth owning. I personally like PoR the most just due to all the classic horror movie tributes. Dawn of Sorrow was an improvement over the first in gameplay but I didn't like the new villains as much, and while I'm usually a big fan of anime art styles, I wasn't fond of the shift from Ayami Kojima's haunting gothic artwork for the series. Order of Ecclesia was also awesome to play, and I really liked how they changed the setup to make it feel more like a journey across the land in bite-size stages, a link to the classic Castlevanias. However the characters were the least memorable for me, especially Albus, who I barely remember and wasn't nearly as interested in playing as compared to the Neo Castlevania III team of DoS and the Rondo of Blood team of PoR.
---
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!
#43GeekyDadPosted 6/21/2014 4:31:26 PM
Ecclesia is probably the most challenging, and it's a refreshing change playing as a female protagonist. But DoS is still my personal favorite.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#44ArayzielPosted 6/21/2014 5:06:29 PM(edited)
I never knew DoS was so popular. I liked them all and I felt each one got progressively better and OoE was my fav.
#4521_21Posted 6/21/2014 5:25:51 PM
GreekTheftAuto posted...
Wouldn't it be cool if they made a sequel to sotn where Simon gets resurrected and has to kill a now evil Alucard? I thought the twist of Zero taking on X, even though he was a copy (the original plot had him not as a copy) was one of my favorite plot ideas in games.

I'd dig that.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Shin Megami Tensei IV
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#46GreekTheftAuto(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 5:38:03 PM
21_21 posted...
GreekTheftAuto posted...
Wouldn't it be cool if they made a sequel to sotn where Simon gets resurrected and has to kill a now evil Alucard? I thought the twist of Zero taking on X, even though he was a copy (the original plot had him not as a copy) was one of my favorite plot ideas in games.

I'd dig that.

Glad someone else would
---
3ds FC: 4296-3083-3210
#47Shuo_RagnarokPosted 6/21/2014 5:40:41 PM
AoS > OoE > PoR > DoS
Ironic that AoS is my favorite of the portable titles, while its sequel is my least favorite? You bet.
---
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
Razieru - Proof that even the loudest twits can be silenced.
#48ObtuseAnginaPosted 6/21/2014 5:40:54 PM
Portrait of Ruin was the only one I could get into, I tried Order of Ecclasia but couldn't get into it but I still think it's a good game.
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...GCE Entertaining New Ideas. 1.048596
#49GreekTheftAuto(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2014 8:30:37 PM
It seems Dawn has claimed a narrow yet deserved victory.
---
3ds FC: 4296-3083-3210
#50_Shikoba_Posted 6/24/2014 8:36:36 PM
I always thought Portrait of Ruin was great. Never really got into Ecclasia, and never got a chance to play Dawn of Sorrow, wish I had though.
---
everything you do is a balloon
PSN: Bad_Brains