Is is worth giving Sticker Star a shot?

#1knightoffire55Posted 6/20/2014 4:28:14 PM
Does it have good platforming in it?
---
I didn't hear your question but the answer is DmC.
#2VycoulPosted 6/20/2014 4:32:59 PM
It's not worth the time you put into it, let alone any amount of money.
Sad thing is, this isn't even much of an exaggeration.
---
More addictive than cocaine laced potato chips:
http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/ - http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/randomitem.php?p=1
#3emjay86Posted 6/20/2014 4:38:48 PM
You can get it for pretty cheap. I thought it was ok. Not the greatest.
#4KoopaKalamityPosted 6/20/2014 4:39:22 PM
Don't. Just search "Sticker Star" on this board and you will see why it's so bad. Throwing your money in the fireplace would be a better use of it than this.
---
"Another letter, duly delivered. A postman's job is never done."
#5XRay2984Posted 6/20/2014 4:39:58 PM
It's kind of meh. The platforming might be the only good part, but even then the game is just passable as an overall package.
---
"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."
3DS FC: 3909-7604-9701
#6knightoffire55(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 4:44:47 PM
Several stores were offering it for free with the purchase of a 3DS.
---
I didn't hear your question but the answer is DmC.
#7dascylusPosted 6/20/2014 4:49:55 PM
KoopaKalamity posted...
Don't. Just search "Sticker Star" on this board and you will see why it's so bad. Throwing your money in the fireplace would be a better use of it than this.

Yes, I will totally trust the vocal minority in making a decision... please, can you be any more of a drama llama with that horrible metaphor?

Don't listen to the Negative Nancys on GameFAQs, find a more educated and informed opinion by asking a Sticker Star speedrunner or someone with actual gaming cred like a Youtube game reviewer, not just people with loud mouths on a forum. If it was a horrible game, it wouldn't have sold over 2 million copies, people here just love to hate. And if there is anything a lot of people can get behind hating, it's change.
#8XRay2984Posted 6/20/2014 4:54:22 PM
dascylus posted...
KoopaKalamity posted...

Yes, I will totally trust the vocal minority in making a decision... please, can you be any more of a drama llama with that horrible metaphor?

Don't listen to the Negative Nancys on GameFAQs, find a more educated and informed opinion by asking a Sticker Star speedrunner or someone with actual gaming cred like a Youtube game reviewer, not just people with loud mouths on a forum. If it was a horrible game, it wouldn't have sold over 2 million copies, people here just love to hate. And if there is anything a lot of people can get behind hating, it's change.

It was ridiculously mediocre - just about everyone agrees, not just those with "actual gaming cred." You can hardly ignore the fact that most fans were pissed about it. The only thing it had going for it was a slight dose of Paper Mario charm and decent writing. It was too short, and it didn't have a story essentially. If anything, it sold 2 million because it had the Paper Mario name, which is usually a stellar series, and it was released within a few months of the holidays.
---
"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."
3DS FC: 3909-7604-9701
#9swatkiller546Posted 6/20/2014 4:56:31 PM
To be truly honest, it's pretty bad for a paper mario game. It's everything you liked from the previous games and then taking all that away. I wouldn't waste money on it.
---
"I am going to blow out your candles!"
#10dascylusPosted 6/20/2014 5:11:40 PM(edited)
XRay2984 posted...
dascylus posted...
KoopaKalamity posted...

It was ridiculously mediocre - just about everyone agrees, not just those with "actual gaming cred." You can hardly ignore the fact that most fans were pissed about it. The only thing it had going for it was a slight dose of Paper Mario charm and decent writing. It was too short, and it didn't have a story essentially. If anything, it sold 2 million because it had the Paper Mario name, which is usually a stellar series, and it was released within a few months of the holidays.

I still can't find any of your reasons as a legitimate argument to hate on a video game. The GameFAQs community is small, and you have absolutely no right to act as though you speak on behalf of the larger non-vocal majority fanbase. Most people here have a follower mentality and jump on any hate bandwagon regardless of their own feelings and accept the opinions of others as their own.

I've read pages upon pages of "Sticker Star sucks" topics, and it's usually the same 10-15 people talking louder than everyone else. The haters literally are the same people who hate one every single Mario-related game that has come out in the past few years. I recognized several of the Sticker Star hate posters as people who hated on 3D World, Dream Team, and even Mario Kart 8 recently. They're no different than the angry Sonic fanbase, super vocal enough to drown out absolutely everyone who has something positive to say, and this is exactly why I'll never ask for or take a single GameFAQs opinion seriously.

You guys just need to learn to admit that things change, everything you enjoy WILL get taken away from you. Probably why people rip at 3D World for not having triple-jumps; get too used to something and you're gonna hate whatever comes next that takes it away from you. Why else do you think people complain about "X game not feeling like Y game"? It's literally 90% of every bandwagon hater's arguments. I've read it a lot in Sonic boards, people complaining about it "not feeling like a Sonic game" when the fanbase has absolutely no control over what makes a Sonic game, so the same goes for the Paper Mario fanbase in that they have no control over what makes a Paper Mario game, you already saw that with Super Paper Mario, you expected it to be a fluke? Nintendo changes their games with every iteration, expect it, get over it, and move on.