Is is worth giving Sticker Star a shot?

#11terrancejonesPosted 6/20/2014 6:05:16 PM
It does have decent music though. If that's a thing you go for TC, and you can get it for cheap.
---
If people want the Wii U Cheaper, and the cost of the White model is already the price of the 3DS XL, are they saying they want it the same price as a 3DS?
#12KoopaKalamityPosted 6/20/2014 6:12:01 PM
dascylus posted...
KoopaKalamity posted...
Don't. Just search "Sticker Star" on this board and you will see why it's so bad. Throwing your money in the fireplace would be a better use of it than this.

Yes, I will totally trust the vocal minority in making a decision... please, can you be any more of a drama llama with that horrible metaphor?

Don't listen to the Negative Nancys on GameFAQs, find a more educated and informed opinion by asking a Sticker Star speedrunner or someone with actual gaming cred like a Youtube game reviewer, not just people with loud mouths on a forum. If it was a horrible game, it wouldn't have sold over 2 million copies, people here just love to hate. And if there is anything a lot of people can get behind hating, it's change.

Dude, calm down. All I'm saying is that the game's problems have been discussed to death. And it's not just GameFAQs, you will see people criticizing it on pretty much any gaming site. There's a reason this game is in bargain bins now.
---
"Another letter, duly delivered. A postman's job is never done."
#13dementedlullabyPosted 6/20/2014 6:17:28 PM
knightoffire55 posted...
Several stores were offering it for free with the purchase of a 3DS.

It's free. You don't buy a 3DS for a free game, you buy it because you want a 3DS =).
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#14OoSubaruoOPosted 6/20/2014 6:17:54 PM
KoopaKalamity posted...
dascylus posted...
KoopaKalamity posted...
Don't. Just search "Sticker Star" on this board and you will see why it's so bad. Throwing your money in the fireplace would be a better use of it than this.

Yes, I will totally trust the vocal minority in making a decision... please, can you be any more of a drama llama with that horrible metaphor?

Don't listen to the Negative Nancys on GameFAQs, find a more educated and informed opinion by asking a Sticker Star speedrunner or someone with actual gaming cred like a Youtube game reviewer, not just people with loud mouths on a forum. If it was a horrible game, it wouldn't have sold over 2 million copies, people here just love to hate. And if there is anything a lot of people can get behind hating, it's change.

Dude, calm down. All I'm saying is that the game's problems have been discussed to death. And it's not just GameFAQs, you will see people criticizing it on pretty much any gaming site. There's a reason this game is in bargain bins now.

Er, retailers here still sell it for $39.99. I'm not sure where you've seen it in bargain bins.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#15dascylusPosted 6/20/2014 6:18:12 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
KoopaKalamity posted...
dascylus posted...
KoopaKalamity posted...

Er, retailers here still sell it for $39.99. I'm not sure where you've seen it in bargain bins.

This
#16KoopaKalamityPosted 6/20/2014 6:23:08 PM
dascylus posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
KoopaKalamity posted...
dascylus posted...
KoopaKalamity posted...

This

Really? Depends on the area I guess.

But Target's website has it for $20, and Amazon has new copies for around $15.
---
#17Webby-samaPosted 6/20/2014 6:24:55 PM
It's worth a 15ish dollar investment. I paid eight bucks for it back during Christmas and had no regrets.
#18xIvan321Posted 6/20/2014 6:25:34 PM
No non-niche first party Nintendo game is ever found in bargain bins. However, if you do find it for really cheap under 15 bucks, all I can say is: free Club Nintendo coins and a really cheap game. There are fundamentally more broken games, but at least Paper Mario SS has some polish at least. A cheap game with at least some redeemable value is better than not having a game to play at all right?

As for gameplay, its a hit or miss. I've never played this game or Paper Mario games, but all I know is that the gameplay is and has been very inconsistent and fans are complaining its not an RPG. This happens to every fanbase ever, just take a look at StarFox Assault fans and the more whinier SNES/64 fans. Or even FF, Zelda, Sonic, etc. I put them in the same catagory because they're all just as bad. If you're new to the franchise, Sticker Star might be right for you.
---
Steam: xIvan321
#19OoSubaruoOPosted 6/20/2014 6:41:28 PM
The only time you will find a Nintendo game for a bargain, is if a company decides to put it on sale or something. Otherwise, they rarely drop in price, unless Nintendo decides to do so.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#20KoopaKalamityPosted 6/20/2014 6:52:03 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
The only time you will find a Nintendo game for a bargain, is if a company decides to put it on sale or something. Otherwise, they rarely drop in price, unless Nintendo decides to do so.

Yeah, I was just going off of personal experience there. I saw a few copies of the game on a "video game" rack at a clothing store along with a bunch of kiddy games and shovelware. I guess that's not the case everywhere though.
---