Is is worth giving Sticker Star a shot?

#21VerkinsPosted 6/20/2014 8:19:10 PM
I personally don't like it, I feel it was the worse Paper Mario game for me. I didn't like the puzzles and the sticker gameplay mechanics.
---
3DS Friend Code:
4296-2979-8983
#22StarmanJunior64Posted 6/20/2014 8:21:19 PM
I've played some bad games before...

This was one of them.
---
Playing: Tales of Phantasia (SNES), Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS), and Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
#23dascylusPosted 6/20/2014 9:54:56 PM(edited)
StarmanJunior64 posted...

This was one of them.

Nothing is worse than Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

And as far as I'm concerned, Sticker Star is still a better game overall than Yoshi's New Island.... in fact, I don't even know why GameFAQs classifies it as a roleplaying game when Nintendo has it as an "action-adventure puzzle" game in the eShop. If you try to search for it on any retail website in role-playing, you won't find it because it's NOT an RPG.

I guess the reason why I'm not butthurt about Sticker Star is because I went in knowing it's not an RPG and I judged it based on other action games, and I can say I've played far worse on the 3DS.
#24Megamushroom666Posted 6/20/2014 9:44:55 PM
Unless you can get the game for free or $5, don't bother with this one.
---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#25Sir_HaxorPosted 6/20/2014 9:45:08 PM
dascylus posted...
StarmanJunior64 posted...

This was one of them.

Nothing is worse than Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

I'd make a comment about you not playing enough terrible games, but that would just make me look bad.

Other M is worse and than game is in bargain bins. Literally worth like $5-10 in most stores.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#26kwando1313Posted 6/20/2014 9:52:07 PM
Sticker Star is by far the worst Mario RPG game. But yeah, I would heavily recommend you not getting it. It really was dreadfully bad.
---
"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
#27dascylusPosted 6/20/2014 10:04:15 PM(edited)
kwando1313 posted...
Sticker Star is by far the worst Mario RPG game. But yeah, I would heavily recommend you not getting it. It really was dreadfully bad.

Good news, according to Nintendo and game retailers everywhere, Sticker Star is an Action game and not an RPG. Mind you, I don't own the game and have only watched speedruns of it on Twitch. I just like calling out blatant terribad hatemongering fanboyism. I'm not a Paper Mario fan and never have played a single game because they aren't good RPGs in general. I'd say the best Paper Mario is probably worse than the worst Final Fantasy in terms of gameplay and story.
#28x_stevey_xPosted 6/20/2014 10:06:49 PM
mario rpg > mario and luigi games >paper mario games

i actually thought sticker star was the best paper mario game.. i'm in the minority but i didn't like paper mario 64 or thousand year door .. never played the wii one
#29sonicnewboyPosted 6/20/2014 10:08:11 PM
It was my first Paper Mario game. I liked it. It's worth a shot in my opinion.
#30dascylusPosted 6/20/2014 10:14:16 PM
x_stevey_x posted...
mario rpg > mario and luigi games >paper mario games

i actually thought sticker star was the best paper mario game.. i'm in the minority but i didn't like paper mario 64 or thousand year door .. never played the wii one

And Mario RPG was only good because Squaresoft made it... otherwise it would've been terrible like every Mario RPG that came out afterwards. As far as RPGs go, the less Paper Mario is like one, the better. Mario + RPG don't mix, just like the Sonic RPG failed hard. I'd rather my action game franchises stay more like action games. The Mario and Luigi games weren't good, but they at least had a lot of platforming elements that made them feel more like Mario games, Paper Mario seriously lacked that til Super Paper Mario.