Is is worth giving Sticker Star a shot?

#51ssjlinkxPosted 6/21/2014 10:37:45 AM
Its average. Its much the opposite of what pepople expect from Paper Mario. Its mostly platforming (and minimum story) with some PM style battles but they not as interesting as the others. Its not a bad game, but it is the least good of the Paper Mario games
---
My game collection: http://full.sc/1bAk0z7 NNID: jargus0
My gaming videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/jargus0
#52digitalstarryPosted 6/21/2014 11:42:39 AM
It's alright but I wouldn't buy it unless it went on sale for $15 or less.
---
3DS FC: 0404-6897-6322
Pokemon IGN: Summer
#53CompassPosted 6/21/2014 12:01:17 PM
Yeah, it's a great game in its own right. Don't listen to the whiners on here who wanted a TTYD rehash, and constant hand-holding.
#54Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 6/21/2014 12:25:24 PM
I'm going to be honest here, I really don't think that it is.

Seriously, if the numerous complaints and the fact that pretty much everywhere sells the game for a song isn't enough to tip you off that most people strongly dislike Sticker Star, then let me tell you this... I've been playing Mario games since the early 90's and have played just about every type of Mario game except for the sports games like Mario Golf/Hoops/Tennis/Strikers/etc, and Paper Mario: Sticker Star is the very first Mario game that I can honestly say that I disliked, not to mention the first Mario game that I ever grew bored with and stopped playing before completion.

Paper Mario Sticker Star is a bad game on so many levels and fails in so many ways that it amazes me. Never before have I seen a Mario game that is so deeply flawed. You may think that this is Hyperbole, but I promise you that it is 100% sincere, Hotel Mario is a more enjoyable Mario game than Sticker Star.
No, seriously... There is less wrong with Hotel Mario on the Philips CD-i than there is with Sticker Star. Yes, a Mario game that is notorious for its poor quality and wasn't even made under Nintendo's supervision, still makes better use of the characters and manages to be less of a failure than Sticker Star. I really mean it.

Paper Mario Sticker Star has a bleh story, bland two-dimensional characters, (in a spinoff that is known for making likeable characters) terrible gameplay, (whose bright idea was it to make an RPG with no exp, no leveling up, and every single move you can make in battle to finite items?) and an unforgivably frustrating lack of direction.
Hotel Mario is at least so bad that it's funny in terms of story/characters, and the gameplay, while terrible, is far less flawed than Sticker Star.

So to answer your question, Paper Mario Sticker Star really isn't worth a shot, but it's so cheap that if you absolutely must try it, then it won't hurt you, especially since you'll go in expecting a terrible game.
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#55arvilinoPosted 6/21/2014 2:25:15 PM
wiiking96 posted...
arvilino posted...
It's a fine game, just the target of a bunch of loudmouths because it differed from what they were expecting and they disagree with the design decisions of a game that's well put together.

It has a bit of platforming but there's quite a bit of exploration and visual style puzzles.

How can anyone be this ignorant this long? You need to stop being an apologist for Sticker Star already; it doesn't deserve it.

Please you're absolutely clueless, you've seemingly got some kind of biting problem with certain Nintendo series yet you appear to play next to nothing outside them.

Perhaps if you actually played different RPGs you'd appreciate what Sticker Star does.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#56hatemakingnamesPosted 6/21/2014 2:53:21 PM
It's not bad (also not great). Most people are just upset because they were expecting more out of a PM game.

But it's easily worth the $15 tag I've seen on it.
---
This always turns off after a month or two and I never remember the link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1
#57rstewart00Posted 6/21/2014 3:05:27 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
KoopaKalamity posted...
dascylus posted...
KoopaKalamity posted...
Don't. Just search "Sticker Star" on this board and you will see why it's so bad. Throwing your money in the fireplace would be a better use of it than this.

Yes, I will totally trust the vocal minority in making a decision... please, can you be any more of a drama llama with that horrible metaphor?

Don't listen to the Negative Nancys on GameFAQs, find a more educated and informed opinion by asking a Sticker Star speedrunner or someone with actual gaming cred like a Youtube game reviewer, not just people with loud mouths on a forum. If it was a horrible game, it wouldn't have sold over 2 million copies, people here just love to hate. And if there is anything a lot of people can get behind hating, it's change.

Dude, calm down. All I'm saying is that the game's problems have been discussed to death. And it's not just GameFAQs, you will see people criticizing it on pretty much any gaming site. There's a reason this game is in bargain bins now.

Er, retailers here still sell it for $39.99. I'm not sure where you've seen it in bargain bins.

amazon has it floating around 22, but until it if ever reaches 10, not worth the price
#58WrestlinFanPosted 6/21/2014 3:26:58 PM
dascylus posted...
KoopaKalamity posted...
Don't. Just search "Sticker Star" on this board and you will see why it's so bad. Throwing your money in the fireplace would be a better use of it than this.

Yes, I will totally trust the vocal minority in making a decision... please, can you be any more of a drama llama with that horrible metaphor?

Don't listen to the Negative Nancys on GameFAQs, find a more educated and informed opinion by asking a Sticker Star speedrunner or someone with actual gaming cred like a Youtube game reviewer, not just people with loud mouths on a forum. If it was a horrible game, it wouldn't have sold over 2 million copies, people here just love to hate. And if there is anything a lot of people can get behind hating, it's change.

Lol.

Sticker Star is my most hated 3DS game. They stripped away everything that I loved about Paper Mario and replaced it with half-assed ideas. I really wouldn't mind them changing everything on a fundamental level, I loved Super Paper Mario because while they changed the core gameplay, the unique charm and sense of the humor of the Paper Mario was as prevalent as ever.
---
"I went to art school you goddamn mark." - DizzyTechno
R.I.P Razieru.The emptiest and yet the fullest of all human messages: Good-bye.
#59SMASHKING84Posted 6/21/2014 4:40:09 PM
knightoffire55 posted...
Several stores were offering it for free with the purchase of a 3DS.

any other games being offered free?
---
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVdtW2E4vwvf8yh4FY5us9A
My favorite youtuber-SSoHPKC
#60SMASHKING84Posted 6/21/2014 4:44:26 PM
mario rpg was just the early final fantasy games with mario,imo.

not even the good games like 4,5,6 and 6 it plays more like japanese 3.

there's a reason that only ff 1 is considered any good of the original 3 games.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVdtW2E4vwvf8yh4FY5us9A
My favorite youtuber-SSoHPKC