I am so glad I decided on a 2DS over an XL

#41mjc0961Posted 6/21/2014 3:33:56 AM
Okay. Enjoy your crappy dpad.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#42bloo2Posted 6/21/2014 4:06:34 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Okay. Enjoy your crappy dpad.

One of the reasons I chose the 2ds is the lack of a clicky dpad. It's not crappy, you just don't like it.
#43ArkkanaPosted 6/21/2014 4:45:33 AM
coolguy_23 posted...
Neckbeards.

Stop talking about yourself.
---
Currently playing: Bravely Default(3DS)
#44toidiedud(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 8:37:01 AM
x_stevey_x posted...
itt someone buys a 2ds cuz it's cheaper then tries to convince themself they made the right choice by hoping strangers online reassure him.

sorry tc it's cheaper for a reason

Yeah of course its cheaper for a reason, it was made with a lot of cost cutting things that don't lower the quality at all and with no 3D. It's not cheaper because its crap silly.

And I'm reassuring other people silly, not them me. 2DS is a fantastic purchase for comfortable handheld gaming.
---
Anybody need a hug?
#45darkus_fPosted 6/21/2014 8:47:19 AM
2D five!!

*High fives TC*
---
2DS: 0447-5073-6549 | Steam: darkus_f | Rig: i7-3770, 12GB, GTX750, 700W
NP: Pokemon Y, Mass Effect
#46x_stevey_xPosted 6/21/2014 8:49:40 AM
toidiedud posted...
x_stevey_x posted...
itt someone buys a 2ds cuz it's cheaper then tries to convince themself they made the right choice by hoping strangers online reassure him.

sorry tc it's cheaper for a reason

it was made with a lot of cost cutting things that don't lower the quality at all

lol ok
#47toidiedud(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 8:56:04 AM(edited)
Removing 3D is a huge factor.

So is the no clamshell and one large screen rather than two, does this make it inferior?

Not at all but it lets the cost keep down. Same high quality handheld, just lower price.
---
Anybody need a hug?
#48corex3dPosted 6/21/2014 8:58:43 AM
I don't know about the xl but the L and R buttons on the 3ds are just to uncomfortable for me the 2ds on the other hand has very good L and R buttons that reason alone makes me prefer the 2ds to the original and the d pad works great for me played a lot of megaman 2 with it
#49ALinkAlonePosted 6/21/2014 8:59:05 AM
As far as I am aware, in terms of cost cutting, most of the 2DS changes vs the original 3DS can boil down to a few things.

There's matter of opinion cost cutting measures like the elimination of folding and the use of one big screen instead of two small screens, and of course the rearranging of the controls. The elimination of 3D is less a cost cutting measure and more a decision made to protect kids; if you look at the typical production costs, elimination of the 3D doesn't save much more than fifty cents off costs. There are also lateral changes, like the usage of an N64/SNES/NES era Dpad instead of the GBASP style "clicky" pad. I prefer a pad like that myself. There's also none of the awful flaking issues that plagued the original 3DS.

The only truly "inferior" aspect I am aware of is the more fragile cartridge slot.
---
R.I.P Razieru. The apologists were too much for one mortal man.
#50nemerzPosted 6/21/2014 9:02:53 AM
Aura_Sphere posted...
toidiedud posted...
More of a reassurance post to those who are torn between a 3DS XL and 2DS silly heads.

theyre mad that this isnt a circlejerk thread