I am so glad I decided on a 2DS over an XL

#51MivoPosted 6/21/2014 9:49:03 AM
toidiedud posted...
Removing 3D is a huge factor.

How so? I turned off 3D the day I bought the 3DS XL. The 3D gimmick never factored into my purchase decision. The reason why I prefer the XL over the 2DS are: the much larger screens, the better handling, the stereo speakers, the clam shell, the click-y d-pad, and the physical wifi switch. The screen size is the primary reason.
#52toidiedud(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 11:45:59 AM(edited)
I overestimated the cost of 3D is why silly, so ignore that! Anywho to adress a few of your points.

Larger Screens is the only one that's really non-negotiable better(Since the speakers on XL are not as good as the normal 3DS).

The handling to me is far superior in the 2DS due to its design and feel with the XL too top heavy and more blocky, this ones more to each his own though.

Clam Shell is irrelavent though 2DS has the risk of screen damage and XL has the risk of breaking in half so that evens out.

D-Pad is whatever either way, I like the non-clickly myself but to each his own. Wi-Fi in this department as well.

But yeah overall the primary reason for an XL over a 2DS is screen size, though to be fair not every game stretches to that size as well.

And normal DS games don't look as well on XL but that can be irrelevant for a lot of people.

In my honest opinion they both have enough going for them to be better than the normal 3DS and at around the same price(135 XL from nintendo)then its pretty nice to have options like that.
---
Anybody need a hug?
#53ALinkAlonePosted 6/21/2014 11:49:08 AM
"normal DS games don't look as well on XL "

Activating 1:1 mode on the XL brings the screen to just about exactly what it is on a standard DS...
---
R.I.P Razieru. The apologists were too much for one mortal man.
#54toidiedud(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 11:57:31 AM(edited)
I'm talking about the large black bars due to playing a DS game is much more annoying on an XL than on a normal 3DS size screen.

Silly head

Also never even heard of 1:1 mode, after googling it all I can see is the game is 1:1 image but lesser quality.
---
Anybody need a hug?
#55MivoPosted 6/21/2014 12:04:48 PM
It's probably a little pointless to argue about subjective preferences. It's the same platform. I'd not have a 3DS if it wasn't for the XL, because I don't enjoy gaming on tiny screens after getting used to larger screens on mobile devices (iPad, Nexus 7, Vita). The 2DS is a fine addition for people who prefer the design or want to spend less money. Choice is a good thing. Buy and play on what you prefer.
#56ALinkAlonePosted 6/21/2014 12:05:31 PM
"lesser quality."

So you're trolling now.

Got it, I've got a lawn to mow.

Peace out.
---
#57toidiedud(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 12:14:14 PM(edited)
Can't just claim someone is trolling to win an argument silly head, especially when thats the results I got from googling 1:1 mode.

Heck I'll probably end up buying a 3DS XL if there's a smash bros or gen 3 version. RPG's on the 2DS for comfort and action games on the XL, perfect!
---
Anybody need a hug?
#58VannWCPosted 6/21/2014 12:41:02 PM
I got a 2DS yesterday at Target for 99.99! They were having a sale
---
Playing: Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8
#59x_stevey_xPosted 6/21/2014 12:49:44 PM
Mivo posted...
toidiedud posted...
Removing 3D is a huge factor.

How so? I turned off 3D the day I bought the 3DS XL. The 3D gimmick never factored into my purchase decision. The reason why I prefer the XL over the 2DS are: the much larger screens, the better handling, the stereo speakers, the clam shell, the click-y d-pad, and the physical wifi switch. The screen size is the primary reason.

don't forget the better battery life as minimal as 2ds fanboys try to make it seem. especially in 2d mode it can last a good 1 hour + longer
#60ALinkAlonePosted 6/21/2014 12:50:17 PM
"just claim someone is trolling to win an argument "

When you pull out a completely bafflingly ludicrous statement with no basis just to "win" an argument, that's all you're going to get.

Yes, you are bad at using Google.

Who's fault is that?

Seriously, getting mad at other people because YOU lack the ability to do proper research is just... well, it should be moddable.
---