3DS is literally the worst Nintendo hardware since Virtual Boy

#1Kurisu_bmPosted 6/21/2014 3:47:46 AM
Or maybe I'm just extremely unlucky. Either way, it's not the quality I expected from Nintendo.

I had an original game boy, GB Advance, Advance SP, DS Lite - loved them all, still have them. Never had a single problem.

Now, I cannot see 3D very well so I waited with a move to new generation until now.

Here's my purchases so far:

1) 3DS XL Blue - power button is messed up out of the box, the system is really ****ing difficult to turn on and off. Returned;

2) 3DS XL Black - this time it's alright but back part of the case does not fit perfectly and keeps making creaking sound when slightly pressed; After a week it gave me a save error and stopped reading SD cards. The one given with system doesn't work, few others I tried don't work either. Returned, I'm done with XL.

3) 3DS Zelda edition - random vertical scratches and a weird circular shape below the left speaker have appeared within one day even though I take a great care of my systems. Then I found out it's a common problem, bottom screen & circle pad scratch the upper screen. What a design fail. Returned.

4) 3DS Cosmo Black - I got this one yesterday, immediately noticed a hideous yellow tint on the upper screen. Quick google search revealed it's a common problem and that the users have to deal with it.

I really lost my patience and I give up. All I want is a console without any flaws, is this too much to ask? I love nintendo games and really want to play them but... I'm just tired trying.
#2MonarchPooposPosted 6/21/2014 3:53:17 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3legendarylemurPosted 6/21/2014 4:08:03 AM
You didn't try to repair them or anything? However, I somewhat agree. My DSi was perfect, so was my DS Lite. My 3DS OG Aqua Blue needed 3 repairs, and currently it has a super stiff d-pad and the circle pad rubber pretty f***ing loose, WHAT THE F*** NINTENDO, YOU'RE TEARIN ME APAT LISA
---
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the British..." - Yami
RIP in peace my blog. thank you.
#4Kurisu_bm(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 4:22:52 AM
You know, I am not going to send a system for repairs if I just purchased it - I paid the full price for a new product and I'm gonna end up with a refurbished system they'll inevitably send to me.

Just to show what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/kKcWZMp.jpg

left one is my friend's system, the right one is my cosmo black, last 3DS I got. Maybe you can't see it so much in the photo but IRL the difference is very noticeable...
#5Gamemaster64Posted 6/21/2014 4:25:11 AM
Just get a XL.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#6legendarylemurPosted 6/21/2014 4:27:10 AM
Yeah the photo quality makes it not quite apparent, but I'm sure you have that whatever thing. They don't always give you a refurbished copy, as mine was the same system with new screens, new circle pad (same rubber tho, those cheap f***ers), diff L and R button. I'd say just return it and replace it immediately. It's a recent purchase. Stores won't be reluctant as long as you buy another one.
---
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the British..." - Yami
RIP in peace my blog. thank you.
#7unboundbraniacPosted 6/21/2014 4:32:26 AM
Kurisu_bm posted...
You know, I am not going to send a system for repairs if I just purchased it - I paid the full price for a new product and I'm gonna end up with a refurbished system they'll inevitably send to me.

Just to show what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/kKcWZMp.jpg

left one is my friend's system, the right one is my cosmo black, last 3DS I got. Maybe you can't see it so much in the photo but IRL the difference is very noticeable...

Have you been buying all these 3DS's from the same area? Sounds like someone went around screwing with them. It's not uncommon for a returned item to be sold later as new.

Another thing, did you update the cosmo black's firmware yourself? I don't recall of any OG 3DS being sold with a firmware that just came out very late last year.
#8gamemaster712Posted 6/21/2014 4:39:38 AM
Wow.....
Sorry for TC bad luck.....
That's just sad....
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/GE PR/KCB
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#9PuddingchanPosted 6/21/2014 4:42:27 AM
How about a 2DS instead? You don't need 3D, right?
---
My FC : 3496 9827 6089
Rock safari, nosepass corsola shuckle
#10BoomerTheGreatPosted 6/21/2014 4:45:12 AM
Get a WiiU. They are sturdy, the Gamepad and the system.
---
Greatness comes from within