What's the most plot-wise emotional 3DS game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What's the most plot-wise emotional 3DS game?

User Info: Megamushroom666

Megamushroom666
2 years ago#11
Spade21X posted...
Virtue's Last Reward.
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY

User Info: Anclation

Anclation
2 years ago#12
Yeah, 999 and Virtue's Last Reward would be my answer as well.
We Endorse The Creation of Majora's Mask 3D:
https://www.facebook.com/OperationMoonfall

User Info: epona_the_horse

epona_the_horse
2 years ago#13
Kid Icarus.

User Info: Mivo

Mivo
2 years ago#14
999 is a DS game anyway, and actually, I felt it was tedious that the puzzles couldn't be skipped in subsequent playthroughts. I couldn't be bothered to do them six times, so eventually I just googled all endings. The true ending was fairly ... disappointing, I felt, but I prefer more believable stories in general, and 999's was far out there. Still, a remarkable game.

Last Virtue's Reward is the 3DS sequel, but if you opt for it, play 999 first.

User Info: The_Orignal

The_Orignal
2 years ago#15
Metal gear solid snake eater

User Info: Koi_Tenchi

Koi_Tenchi
2 years ago#16
NathanisDrake posted...
I heard the latest(and apparently last) Professor Layton iteration struck a pretty emotional chord as far the story goes.

Not sure if I can attest to that though, as I'm not very familiar with the series nor have I ever played any of the games. But with PW vs PL coming soon, maybe I should get to it sometime...
I played through Layton not too long ago and agree with this. It was a pretty emotional conclusion. That being said, I don't think it would mean nearly as much to people who haven't played the rest of the series. I actually had missed the first game in the prequel trilogy (last specter) myself but still felt familiar enough between all the rest of the games.

Also, a port, but I also found Tales of the Abyss to be pretty up there.
It's a secret to everybody.

User Info: digitalstarry

digitalstarry
2 years ago#17
999/VLR made me misty eyed at a few points so I'd say that. MGS 3 Snake Eater counts I guess too, but I see it as a playstation game. If you do want to play 999/VLR, you could play VLR alone I guess but some of the twists wouldn't have as much punch without context and VLR spoils 999's story.
3DS FC: 0404-6897-6322
Pokemon IGN: Summer

User Info: georgethecow4

georgethecow4
2 years ago#18
For me, it's gotta be Tales of the Abyss.
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew

User Info: WitchBaby4200

WitchBaby4200
2 years ago#19
This may sound weird, but the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are REALLY well done as far as storyline. I've cried like a baby at each and every one. The ending of the most recent MD game, Gates to Infinity, left me in uncontrollable hysterics. Lol.
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
AC:NL: Town: Repaupo, Mayor: Stoochy, Dream Address: 5600-2142-2397

User Info: sandslash1

sandslash1
2 years ago#20
georgethecow4 posted...
For me, it's gotta be Tales of the Abyss.
a
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What's the most plot-wise emotional 3DS game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived