2ds owners, what do you think of your 2ds?

#1KoopaSoupPosted 6/21/2014 6:56:15 AM
I'm going to be buying a replacement for my broken regular 3ds soon, since I came into a little money to burn. I'd like to use only the expendable cash I have, since, you know, adult bills and stuff, and the 2ds seems like the best option for that. I've got a couple of questions first; do you enjoy your 2ds? Is it durable? Is the battery life solid? Most importantly, how does it feel in your hands/is it as awkward as looks?
---
Gamefaqs; the most humorless game site on the internet.
3ds fc: 2062-9394-7231
#2BigReedPosted 6/21/2014 7:00:49 AM
KoopaSoup posted...
I'm going to be buying a replacement for my broken regular 3ds soon, since I came into a little money to burn. I'd like to use only the expendable cash I have, since, you know, adult bills and stuff, and the 2ds seems like the best option for that. I've got a couple of questions first; do you enjoy your 2ds? Is it durable? Is the battery life solid? Most importantly, how does it feel in your hands/is it as awkward as looks?

I have all 3 versions of the 3ds. I just recently picked up the sea green 2ds. It's more comfortable than it looks, and I really like the slab design. The L and R buttons are a little tricky, and I could see it becoming uncomfortable during more intense games.

My biggest issues is the dpad. I was hoping the 2ds could take the place of my XL model, but it can't. The dpad is squishy, and it actually interferes with the gameplay for me. I'm going to transfer everything back to my XL soon.
---
Latest Review: Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)
http://www.darkstation.com/reviews/kirby-triple-deluxe/
(https://www.facebook.com/bigreedgaming)
#3PokeCrisPosted 6/21/2014 7:08:01 AM(edited)
I also own the 3DS/XL and when I first saw it I though it was going to be uncomfortable. I later bought one when Best Buy was selling them for $99 and I'm glad I did.

It's very comfortable to hold and the button placements are great, the battery last as long as the original 3DS. I'd say it's durable, then again I haven't dropped it or anything so I wouldn't really know.

My only complaint is that the side panels move a bit when touched, other then that I think is a
great system.
---
3DS FC: 0430-8439-5209. Trainer: Cristobal
Shiny Jirachi of the Pokemon boards. PwnShp employee.
#4marioparty17Posted 6/21/2014 7:09:45 AM
Bought one a week ago and I semi regret my choice.

It looks good and it plays really well but there so much missing from the other that you might as well find a good used 3ds/xl.

Pros: more battery life then the 3ds
-the sleep slider is very useful
-big L and R buttons

Cons: only one speaker , you think this won't be a con but having one speaker ruins some music unless ou put head phones

- can't fold, my back pocket can't hold every single device I own, eg iphone , vita ete..
But with the 2ds since it so wide it barley fit in, I tried my friends XL and it slide in folded so nicely.

-missing 3d , when you had the 3ds for so long and then downgrade, you feel like your missing something.
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature #ReleaseDart/Abe
#5digitalstarryPosted 6/21/2014 7:10:24 AM
I have a "launch" 2ds and love it. That thing is strudy and fits nicely in my lady hands. It's comfy to hold for long periods. The battery life is okay, around 6 hours. It's mono sound but stereo if you use headphones. Portablility is a nonissue since I carry mine in a purse. It does feel a little like cheap plastic and there's no protective door for game cards though. If you don't care for 3d or have eye issues with 3d like me, it's a decent alternative.
---
3DS FC: 0404-6897-6322
Pokemon IGN: Summer
#6toidiedudPosted 6/21/2014 7:30:05 AM
Very comfy.

Portability wise its as wide as a normal 3DS so for me I can fit in in my pocket but in all honesty the 3DS XL is about the same as portability goes.

Mono sound but you honestly don't notice usually.

I had the option of a 2DS or a 3DS XL and went with 2DS cause I want tobe comfy when I sit down to play for a few hours.
---
Anybody need a hug?
#7RetroStormPosted 6/21/2014 8:45:53 AM
Super comfy and doesn't have that awful 3d gimmick. Truly win win all round.
---
Foremost a handheld gamer, collector and player of games for the following: Nintendo 2DS, DSi, Sony PSP & Vita. Also own Sony PS1, PS3 and PC.
#8LinktopowerPosted 6/21/2014 11:01:50 AM
I bought one when they came out because I was a sucker for the open face design. And I'm still pleasantly surprised on how sturdy this system is, It almost built like a tank.

It fits into my hand very nice and the stylus is in the right spot and the mono sound is pretty darn loud! If you really want stereo just plug in headphones and there you go.

I've already dropped my 2DS a few times and its perfectly fine, not a scratch or anything.
I will say you'll need to buy the Nintendo 2DS case to go along with it.

Which that case is very nice you can hold up to 6 games in it and a cleaning cloth and the console itself and it will not scratch the screens or anything.

I would totally say if you are replacing go with a 2DS you aren't really missing anything with it other then the 3D but thats not really neat.
#9corex3dPosted 6/21/2014 11:04:53 AM
love it my only complaint is I can't find it in my pocket very well for obvious reasons
#10LinktopowerPosted 6/21/2014 11:08:41 AM
Not fitting into a pocket is one thing thats a little bummer, my solution was to buy pants with big pockets. I carry mine with me all over the place in the case :P