Do you keep your games?

#1MetalGearOnAcidPosted 6/21/2014 11:35:10 AM
Do you keep your games? - Results (233 votes)
No, once I've beaten them once or twice I sell them while the still have a high value
6.01% (14 votes)
Yes, I beat them and then a long time later I play them again
65.24% (152 votes)
Yes, I don't play them again after I beat them but I like to have a collection on my shelf
28.76% (67 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just curious. I've noticed if I sell a game shortly after I've bought it, I can still get almost full price on eBay. But on the other hand, it's nice to have a hole shelf filled with games you've wracked up over the years. On that note, I recently sold 90% of my 3ds games collection on eBay for a few hundred dollars. Not bad considering I had some titles in there I'd gotten for $1.98 on clearance and such. Every once in a while I miss some of my games, but rebuying them seems like a waste considering I've already had and beaten them before. I shouldn't let "the feels" make me blow a bunch of money on stuff I don't need anymore. Just curious so I made the poll.
---
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
Proud Wii U owner
#2DESMONDmoonbearPosted 6/21/2014 11:37:17 AM
I eat them afterwards

---
THE END.
#3VannWCPosted 6/21/2014 11:40:05 AM
I sold all my games when I was younger for quick money to buy new games, but now as an adult I really wish I still had them, so starting with the games I have now (Wii U/3DS), I vowed to never sell a game again and keep them all in my collection for my son to enjoy too as he grows up. Who knows when I'll have an urge down the road to replay one..plus I like collecting things.
---
Playing: Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8
#4MivoPosted 6/21/2014 11:41:50 AM
I have never sold a game. I prefer physical copies, because I want the option to sell them, if I want or need to, but I hang onto everything. I don't replay "finishable" games, either, since my backlog is fairly substantial and new games that interest me come in faster than I complete them. (Same with novels.)
#5PrincessLumPosted 6/21/2014 11:46:49 AM
Generally, if I like a game I keep it and every once in awhile I'll go back and play it again. Only if I don't like a game will I trade it in.
#6x_stevey_xPosted 6/21/2014 11:47:54 AM
i usually sell long single player games like rpgs that i only play once .. but shorter platform games i love to keep and replay
#7MetalGearOnAcid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 11:51:28 AM
I love collecting things too. But if it's something that's only going to devalue over time I sell it while i can get my money back. And I understand missing stuff you had from the 80s and stuff but nowadays it's a lot easier to get stuff again so if I wanted a 3ds game again I could just get it for cheap off eBay.
---
Proud Wii U owner
#8terrancejonesPosted 6/21/2014 11:54:04 AM
This is why I have digital. I like coming back to my games to play again... But I'm too weak to resist the temptation to trade in. At least with a digital collection, you have the weight of your ENTIRE collection to weigh against you.
---
If people want the Wii U Cheaper, and the cost of the White model is already the price of the 3DS XL, are they saying they want it the same price as a 3DS?
#9LinktopowerPosted 6/21/2014 11:54:32 AM
DESMONDmoonbear posted...
I eat them afterwards
#10MetalGearOnAcid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 12:01:30 PM
I thought about going digital but 2 things stop me:

1. Nintendo is way behind the times as far as accounts go. You can't buy multiple systems and just log in and redown your games like you can on ps3/ps4/vita/360/xbone. I have multiple 3ds/2ds systems and it pisses me off that I can only have my stuff on one.

2. I've made SO much money back on selling my large collections, I'd be depressed if all my stuff was digital and someday I didn't want it anymore but couldn't sell it. I already feel this way about the few digital games I've purchased (VC games, animal crossing, the old FF games on my PSP...)
---
Proud Wii U owner