Possible to use the same ClubNintendo/NintendoNetworkID account for 2 3DSs?

#1MrPenguin7Posted 7/3/2014 12:33:21 AM
I have a 3DS with a Club Nintendo and a Nintendo Network ID account registered.

I recently bought my girlfriend a 3DS. Is there a way to have it so that she can use the same account on her 3DS to have access to the same previously-purchased downloadable games? While also both of our 3DSs still being able to play online together?

I assume no, but just figured I'd check. At the very least I assume I can have her use the same Club Nintendo account to compile points, but then have her create her own Network ID for online play? Or can I not do that either since accounts are linked?

Nintendo's online services are a mess. Someone please tell what the best way to go all about this is. We just want to be able to play online together and not have to pay twice/divide points if not needed.
---
Japanese Culture: www.shibooyah.com
#2RyanDaRaikouPosted 7/3/2014 12:55:32 AM
you cant have the same Nintendo ID but you can have the same Club Nintendo on multiple 3DS
---
I am Raikou,hear me ROAR, rawr :3
3DS Friend Code: 1306-5532-2535 PSN: doggy5000
#3poclPosted 7/3/2014 1:22:52 AM
RyanDaRaikou posted...
you cant have the same Nintendo ID but you can have the same Club Nintendo on multiple 3DS

But from what i know one club nintendo account can online link to one nintendo ID at the same time , if you wan to link your club account to another id , you have to unlink first before you do.
#4einsteineckerPosted 7/3/2014 2:37:54 AM
pocl posted...
RyanDaRaikou posted...

But from what i know one club nintendo account can online link to one nintendo ID at the same time , if you wan to link your club account to another id , you have to unlink first before you do.

Isn't it that the main club nintendo account can turn into a family account, which branches into separate club nintendo account users? So I believe you don't need to unlink club nintendo accounts, just need to make sure it's under the main account.
---
I'm a long time member of the anime community. Visit my blog @ http://manga-tron.blogspot.com !
#5AndyJoe89Posted 7/3/2014 3:50:46 AM
einsteinecker posted...
pocl posted...
RyanDaRaikou posted...

Isn't it that the main club nintendo account can turn into a family account, which branches into separate club nintendo account users? So I believe you don't need to unlink club nintendo accounts, just need to make sure it's under the main account.

This, you can create other accounts with a family account.
---
He's not your average Joe. AndyJoe89 has been unlocked!
You donít have time to ponder such questions, as Munchlax has just eaten a Smash Ball!!!
#6Lum_YatsuraPosted 7/3/2014 5:22:28 AM(edited)
3DS does not have eShop account or game sharing. All games must be individually purchased for each 3DS unit.
---
3ds fc: 5026 4515 5016
We'll ion buzz to the blue stars over there!?
#7kabutokoujiPosted 7/3/2014 5:30:34 AM
MrPenguin7 posted...
I have a 3DS with a Club Nintendo and a Nintendo Network ID account registered.

I recently bought my girlfriend a 3DS. Is there a way to have it so that she can use the same account on her 3DS to have access to the same previously-purchased downloadable games? While also both of our 3DSs still being able to play online together?

I assume no, but just figured I'd check. At the very least I assume I can have her use the same Club Nintendo account to compile points, but then have her create her own Network ID for online play? Or can I not do that either since accounts are linked?

Nintendo's online services are a mess. Someone please tell what the best way to go all about this is. We just want to be able to play online together and not have to pay twice/divide points if not needed.

if it was physical only, would you be able to do that? is illegal to play a game that you only payed once on 2 different systems, not because you can do I with other companies makes it legal, is the same as buying a movie DVD and asking if its legal to make 5 copies because each member of your family wants to watch it by themselves in each room
---
If the western community is represented by Gamefaqs posters, I pity the west x.x
#8RocketZXbluePosted 7/5/2014 5:55:39 AM
nintendo's eshop is a mess definitely, don't buy digital since all your downloads are linked to the 3DS, don't quote me on this but you may lose everything you bought if your 3DS stops working/gets lost
---
3DS FC: 4098-2370-5638 PSN: RocketZXBlue
Member of the StreetPass San Jose Facebook page.
#9ThatKippPosted 7/5/2014 6:05:24 AM
No you can't use the same ID on 2 systems. You can only transfer it to another 3DS using System Transfer, after which it will be removed from the first 3DS. This means, among other things:
- It's harder (but far from impossible) to get your digital purchases back if your system is stolen/broken, you just have to work it out with Nintendo customer support
- Pokemon Bank's cloud storage might as well be stored locally since it's linked to the NNID
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
#10n00bsaib0tPosted 7/5/2014 7:29:05 AM
Lum_Yatsura posted...
3DS does not have eShop account or game sharing. All games must be individually purchased for each 3DS unit.
---
3ds fc: 5026 4515 5016
We'll ion buzz to the blue stars over there!?

The games are tied to the NNID, and the NNID can only be on one handheld and one console at a time. Don't lie to people.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile