Possible to use the same ClubNintendo/NintendoNetworkID account for 2 3DSs?

#11MrPenguin7(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 8:54:23 AM
Definitely a variety of conflicting information here, but thanks - I more or less get it.

The only stuff I buy digitally is Virtual Console stuff, so I thought it would be nice if we could share it. I'm giving her the 3DS as a present in a week or 2, so we'll probably just create a separate Nintendo ID and Club Nintendo account then if we're required to (I'll check out out the family stuff but that might be different per region - I'm in Japan). Any retail games I'll just put under my Club Nintendo though as it's kinda pointless to divide points into 2 accounts.
---
Japanese Culture: www.shibooyah.com
#12bandit_wolfPosted 7/9/2014 9:00:53 AM
No you can't share your purchases.

You can register both NNID to the same club N account by creating a family account and adding another user.
---
PS Sheriff, Manager & Dex Filler
{3ds=banditwolf} [X=WOLFMAN] [1504-6276-7342]
#13Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 7/9/2014 10:03:40 AM
On Topic: Can someone explain to me how you register 2 NNIDs to a Family Account, because it will only let me register 1 NNID, but I'd like to link my brother's NNID as well.

I have a Family Account, but when I try to link my bro's NNID to our CN account using the Family Account name, it tells me that I input a invalid/incorrect username or password, yet if I try using the main account name, it tells me that I can'[t link his NNID because mine is already registered to it.

What am I doing wrong?
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#14bandit_wolfPosted 7/9/2014 10:31:13 AM
Sign in on your main account,
Click "Account & Coins", you should see your name on the right side, look below for ADD Family Members.

Just did one today like this.

Only benefit really is that you will get points for any purchases on the additional NNIDs.
---
#15Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 7/9/2014 1:09:57 PM
bandit_wolf posted...
Sign in on your main account,
Click "Account & Coins", you should see your name on the right side, look below for ADD Family Members.

Just did one today like this.

Only benefit really is that you will get points for any purchases on the additional NNIDs.

That's the thing, I already have my brother added, but when I try to link his NNID to the family account, it says the name is invalid. Do you have to wait a certain period of time after making the Family Accounts name before you can use it or what?
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#16bandit_wolfPosted 7/9/2014 1:17:22 PM
No, but when asked to enter the name on the 3ds, enter the added account name/pass. (guessing that you used the original for you)

Only other thing is unless the birthday makes them too young.
---