Miyamoto Confirms Zelda-related 3DS Titles in the Works

#21desaigamonPosted 7/3/2014 3:37:17 PM(edited)
Argh4430 posted...
Street_Overlord posted...
Between Hyrule Warriors, Zelda Wii U, the previously released Link Between Worlds, and now this. What's going on? Did I miss the memo that its Zelda year?

I've heard a rumor last year that it was going to be the Year of Zelda, but I also heard Year of Yoshi. Who knows, suddenly more interest in the series is coming up after the vanilla release of Wind Waker HD.

It's possible, Year of Luigi celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Mario series and 2015 is the 30th anniversary of the Zelda series.

EDIT: Scratch that. 2016 is the 30th anniversary of the Zelda series. I'm sorry for being bad at maths. ;_;
---
3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838 Honest Carl
Now Playing: Pokemon Y Ghost Safari:Pumpkaboo/Lampent/Drifblim SV:1661
#22nemerzPosted 7/3/2014 3:47:20 PM
Hoping something in the veins of the Oracle games.
#23Null_GainPosted 7/3/2014 3:53:47 PM
How about a new Zelda game that has both 2D and 3D gameplay?
#24Nerreltron9000Posted 7/3/2014 7:27:06 PM
0-172 posted...
I'm sick of this remake obsession. How about a NEW game?

Majora's Mask is a unique situation since it's linked so strongly with Ocarina of Time. It's hard to imagine remaking one game and not the other, which is part of the reason why demand has been so strong for it.

I don't see it as an obsession with remakes. For the record, no one really asked for Wind Waker HD; Nintendo just pumped that out to boost Wii U sales.
#2521_21Posted 7/3/2014 7:33:20 PM
desaigamon posted...
Argh4430 posted...
Between Hyrule Warriors, Zelda Wii U, the previously released Link Between Worlds, and now this. What's going on? Did I miss the memo that its Zelda year?

I've heard a rumor last year that it was going to be the Year of Zelda, but I also heard Year of Yoshi. Who knows, suddenly more interest in the series is coming up after the vanilla release of Wind Waker HD.

It's possible, Year of Luigi celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Mario series and 2015 is the 30th anniversary of the Zelda series.

EDIT: Scratch that. 2016 is the 30th anniversary of the Zelda series. I'm sorry for being bad at maths. ;_;

I was about to say. We had 25th anniversary TWO years ago. It's not 2016, either. It's 2017.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Shovel Knight
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#26kabutokoujiPosted 7/3/2014 7:37:10 PM
Rosencroitz posted...
MrAntike184 posted...
Good. Spirit Tracks needs a sequel.

What Spirit Tracks needs is to be burned, buried and forgotten. God, that game was bloody awful.

Hopefully we never see a Zelda in the style of PH/ST ever again.

yes, the 2 Nintendo DS games should be buried with the other 3 buried games in the series, yes I mean the Philips CD-I games.
---
If the western community is represented by Gamefaqs posters, I pity the west x.x
#27ShippFFXIPosted 7/3/2014 7:37:37 PM
21_21 posted...
desaigamon posted...
Argh4430 posted...

I was about to say. We had 25th anniversary TWO years ago. It's not 2016, either. It's 2017.

1986+30=2017

Looks legit.
#28SoeroahPosted 7/3/2014 8:01:27 PM
nemerz posted...
Hoping something in the veins of the Oracle games.

That'd be amazing.

I mean, I'd love a game similar in mechanics to Oracle of Ages, love time travel puzzles and the way the world was presented in OoA, but with how many remakes and remasters have been coming out, they should just do Majora's Mask and a new Oracles-style dual game.

Be a lot easier to do links between the games, now, too. They could just make a simple app you download to the 3DS to record password data and such.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#29LaManoNeraIIPosted 7/3/2014 8:46:56 PM
I'd love MM 3D but getting a Link Between Worlds sequel with the same mechanics but all new setting and items would make me a special kind of happy
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#30kdiz4321Posted 7/3/2014 8:54:26 PM
KaspaUFgator posted...
WahshniEh posted...
I hope a new 3D Zelda game.

This

I want this too. Ocarina of Time proved that it can be done so why can't we finally get an original 3D Zelda game on a handheld?
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.