Which game would be a better gift for a friend? Bravely Default or Zelda ALBW?

#1ijlimPosted 7/10/2014 5:19:10 AM
Which is a better game as a gift for my friend? - Results (87 votes)
Bravely Default
19.54% (17 votes)
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
80.46% (70 votes)
This poll is now closed.
My friend likes old-school Jrpgs (final fantasy, chrono trigger) and Zelda games such as Link to the past but I cant decide between these two games.
---
3DS friend code: 2664-2212-8832
#2NathanmgPosted 7/10/2014 5:34:51 AM
If hes a fan of LttP, ALBW should have him smiling a lot, it's pretty much how I see the original through nostalgia goggles.
#3Dark_AbaddonPosted 7/10/2014 5:40:56 AM
Bravely Default is a very good game... until you hit a certain part in the story, and then it just becomes tedious. I stopped playing it for a few months because of how tedious it was :( I still ended up beating it, and it was about 70 hours of play time, though atleast 20 of those hours weren't very fun (grinding + tedious story).

LoZ: ALBW is one of my favourite 2D Zeldas. They changed the formula a bit, but it makes the game quite fun. This is probably one of my favourite 3DS games so far, but I only got about 20 hours of play time out of it (though I plan on re-playing it at some point).
---
3DS: 1633-4342-9490 (Ivysaur, Tangela, Quilladin) (Caine @ Corona)
NNID: HardCor PM me if you add me for friend safari
#4NathanmgPosted 7/10/2014 5:55:27 AM
Dark_Abaddon posted...
LoZ: ALBW is one of my favourite 2D Zeldas. They changed the formula a bit, but it makes the game quite fun. This is probably one of my favourite 3DS games so far, but I only got about 20 hours of play time out of it (though I plan on re-playing it at some point).

Hero mode :D
#5PersonifriedPosted 7/10/2014 6:02:54 AM
I enjoy both of them but ALBW is a better game.
---
you kids ruined it by leaving in your signatures
https://soundcloud.com/jv1928
#6DjHotnessPosted 7/10/2014 6:59:34 AM
A Link Between Worlds. For some reason I just see ALBW being a better gift as it has better box art and the LoZ franchise.
#7SS4kronos33Posted 7/10/2014 7:16:41 AM
Zelda
---
when doing business,follow these simple rules and you will be rich......http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/
#8Emmy_AltavaPosted 7/10/2014 7:59:25 AM
Etrian Odyssey IV.

Between those, Zelda.
#9DahlVaughnniPosted 7/10/2014 9:38:19 AM
Bravely Default was the best old-school JRPG experience I've ever experienced, topping even Final Fantasy VI, until chapter 5 when it changed my view of the game from outstanding to decent. It also is only mildly replayable.

ALBW is the best 2d Zelda game ever made and is in fact better than ALTTP in every way. It even retains the same charm that ALTTP had which is rare for something like this to do, unlike say, Yoshi's New Island for example. ALBW is also extremely replayable. Extremely. Moreso than ALTTP I think. I did 3 back to back playthroughs and I only had to take a short break before going back for more. It's one of those games where as soon as you beat it, you start a new file immediately without even shutting it off.

Bravely Default is long, and amazing until near the end, but not that replayable.
Zelda is quite short, amazing, and highly replayable.

Your friend will love both of them and will love you for buying either of them, there is no wrong answer here whatsoever. I'd say they are pretty even, except that your friend will be playing ALBW in 20 years but probably not Bravely Default.
---
The Official Everything of Every board. Seriously, who decides this and what's the point? Are we 3?
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207 GT: Archlvt
#10Lord LizardPosted 7/11/2014 3:42:59 AM
I personally thought BD was a particularly mediocre JRPG, while Zelda was pretty good.
---
I need a signature...