Will We Ever Have A Pokemon Game Where You Can Revisit An Old Region Post-Game?

#1Spade21XPosted 7/20/2014 4:10:56 AM
It seems like this only happened once for G/S (HG/SS too but they're remakes) where you could go back and visit Kanto, but ever since then it never happened again. They sort of added something similar with the Sevii Islands in FR/LG, but it's not exactly the same as a whole region. R/S only had Hoenn, D/P only had Sinnoh, B/W only had Unova, and X/Y only had Kalos. I hope we get a game where we can re-visit an old region post-game...anyone else want this?
---
Currently Playing: Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3) | One Piece: Unlimited World Red (3DS)
PSN: Spade21X - NFC: 5241 - 1904 - 3885
#2Epic_McDudePosted 7/20/2014 4:16:22 AM
I think it would be nice to have it again, yeah.
---
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
#3DjHotnessPosted 7/20/2014 4:31:45 AM
Maybe if it added a good number of hours. Plus there'd have to be New trainers and gym leaders have to have upgraded and New Pokes from the New gens
#4kaliskonigPosted 7/20/2014 4:48:58 AM(edited)
IMO the Hoenn remakes should allow you to go to Kalos. The story can have something to do with Zygarde awakening his hidden power thanks to the activation of Kyogre/Groudons Primal reversions which could potentially have great effects on the worlds ecosystems. Plot twist at the end: Pokemon AS and OR have actually been Pokemon Z/ XY2 this entire time. dun dun duuunnnnn!
---
Smash 4 DREAM Roster:http://imgur.com/DMrzJLe
Who will Sakurai murder next!?
#5Hirokey123Posted 7/20/2014 4:49:35 AM
Probably whenever we get the last pokemon game or "thought to be last" game. The reason we had Kanto in GS and had Red was because that game was planned to be the last pokemon game. This was also foreshadowed in the anime itself.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#6kaliskonigPosted 7/20/2014 4:50:51 AM
Hirokey123 posted...
Probably whenever we get the last pokemon game or "thought to be last" game. The reason we had Kanto in GS and had Red was because that game was planned to be the last pokemon game. This was also foreshadowed in the anime itself.

True. I forgot about that.
---
Smash 4 DREAM Roster:http://imgur.com/DMrzJLe
Who will Sakurai murder next!?
#7Auto-GyroPosted 7/20/2014 6:10:36 AM
kaliskonig posted...
IMO the Hoenn remakes should allow you to go to Kalos. The story can have something to do with Zygarde awakening his hidden power thanks to the activation of Kyogre/Groudons Primal reversions which could potentially have great effects on the worlds ecosystems. Plot twist at the end: Pokemon AS and OR have actually been Pokemon Z/ XY2 this entire time. dun dun duuunnnnn!

Going to Kalos in ORAS... That would actually make sense, given the whole "new Mega Evolutions thing", with Anistar City being the place where you upgrade your Mega "tool" (bracelet? I forgot).
---
...just like a prostitute.
#8helldewPosted 7/20/2014 6:42:38 AM
i doubt their gonna do kalos in Gen 3 remakes considernig that gen 3 has a massive region that spliting into two regions would be pointless and gamefreak would rather sell us two games instead of one. I dont mind the lack of two regions though going back to kanto in gen 2 was cool at first then i realized i much prefered the D/P/Pt fight zone of FR/LG sevi islands.
---
Competitive smash, random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helld3w il follow back :p
#9SaintPeter19Posted 7/20/2014 6:52:43 AM
The only reason I wouldn't want to travel back to Kalos is because we just saw it with the most updated... graphics? (for lack of a better word). Anyways, you know what I mean.

However, if Kalos was the only option as a second region, I wouldn't complain. I think multiple regions could be incredible so long as they do it well.
---
3DS FC: 2165-5944-4132
#10ThatKippPosted 7/20/2014 7:47:19 AM(edited)
No. The last time that happened, a lot of development time and cartridge space was wasted on porting over the old region, and both regions suffered as a result-- Johto was pretty small, a lot of content ended up getting cut from Kanto. Cartridge space isn't an issue this time around, but with Pokemon games coming out every year, splitting time and resources across multiple regions could cause issues.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png