Will We Ever Have A Pokemon Game Where You Can Revisit An Old Region Post-Game?

#11Offworlder1Posted 7/20/2014 8:06:44 AM
Lol ah yes the time they thought Pokemon was only going to have 2 gens, before they saw it was "to big to fail", so long ago. I do hope they do 2 regions in one game again that is not the last game but allowing the fans more then one region since many want to revisit an older region.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#12legomonkeyninjaPosted 7/21/2014 5:32:52 AM
Maybe there will be a game where you visit all the regions like Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh including some new ones. Like an open world pokemon MMO *nudge* *nudge*
---
The cake is a lie. it's really an apple tart.
#13SlimeStackPosted 7/21/2014 5:41:15 AM
There isn't enough content in Pokémon games to cover ~20 towns and the routes/dungeons between them. Game balance and stretching the story out (or the story just stopping) are problems too.

Areas like the Sevii Islands or the Battle Zone give us the benefits of a second region (extra content, post-game stuff, etc) but don't carry the issues caused by the region being too big.
---
Blah.
#14Offworlder1Posted 7/21/2014 6:46:07 AM
As long as pokemon is never turned into some garbage MMO I think the series will one day have multiple regions again. If they turn it into an MMO however the series will killed itself, the story and premise of an MMO is beyond stupid with nothing mattering at all.

Being a huge waste of time and money is not what pokemon should ever become but if they go the way of an MMO the series will have truly died and lost its spirit. MMOs are a blight on the gaming world and the biggest con I have ever seen, they are worse then freeminum games.
---
#15ShippFFXIPosted 7/21/2014 11:00:45 AM
Offworlder1 posted...
As long as pokemon is never turned into some garbage MMO I think the series will one day have multiple regions again. If they turn it into an MMO however the series will killed itself, the story and premise of an MMO is beyond stupid with nothing mattering at all.

Being a huge waste of time and money is not what pokemon should ever become but if they go the way of an MMO the series will have truly died and lost its spirit. MMOs are a blight on the gaming world and the biggest con I have ever seen, they are worse then freeminum games.

Lol wut?

Just because you don't like MMOs does not mean they are a blight on the gaming world.

I agree pokemon doesn't make much sense for an mmo, though.
#16KGTriggerPosted 7/21/2014 11:02:56 AM
ThatKipp posted...
No. The last time that happened, a lot of development time and cartridge space was wasted on porting over the old region, and both regions suffered as a result-- Johto was pretty small, a lot of content ended up getting cut from Kanto. Cartridge space isn't an issue this time around, but with Pokemon games coming out every year, splitting time and resources across multiple regions could cause issues.

Yeah, heaven forbid they do any real work or put in any real effort into making a good game.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#17Offworlder1Posted 7/21/2014 11:56:23 AM
The only MMO O have ever played was FFXI, and that game is proof of how bad the genre is, I hate games that are designed as money sinks thats all MMOs are as the story doesn't matter since everyone is a peon.
---
#18SMASHKING84Posted 7/21/2014 12:13:39 PM
Yes and have the second region be empty... quality>quanity.
---
http://tinyurl.com/mbzvady A Link to my youtube channel
You can't improve on existing idea If you throw that idea out the window.
#19RosencroitzPosted 7/21/2014 1:21:02 PM
Offworlder1 posted...

Someone is bitter about lacking the social skills required to enjoy an MMO.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#20sonicnewboyPosted 7/21/2014 1:46:56 PM
A game where you could visit all regions sounds like it would be awesome. But I'm sure it would be a chore having to go through all of the regions.

Just give me a Battle Frontier where I can try to win some tough challenges and I'll be good. I really liked the Battle Pyramid in Emerald, and the Battle Factory, and the Battle Pike. It was all so varied so that was kool. I hope they don't leave that out with the coming remakes.

As for visiting the Kalos region again... MEH. it's just not that exciting a place really. Neither is Unova. Last place I really enjoyed exploring was Sinnoh.