Kirby triple deluxe doesn't get enough credit.

#11Akihiko__SanadaPosted 7/26/2014 6:14:55 AM
I strongly disagree. Hypernova is the most boring selling point I've seen for a Kirby game in a long time.
---
Hyped for: Super Danganronpa 2, Layton vs Ace Attorney, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Playing: Atelier Totori Plus, Etrian Odyssey IV (postgame), DK Country Returns
#12timetokill13Posted 7/26/2014 7:38:30 AM
I found it got better along the way. I was like, eh, the first few levels and ended up loving it by the end.
#1321_21Posted 7/26/2014 7:48:22 AM(edited)
IrateGameFAQer posted...
ITT: games you like are underrated and never get enough credit, despite the fact it got numerous positive reviews already.

This. Prior to this topic, I'm pretty sure I have yet to see people lashing out at this game or calling it overrated.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Shovel Knight
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#14NeonYoshi11Posted 7/26/2014 7:49:05 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
Its absolutely brilliant.

When I first saw gameplay footage I said to myself " That looks like the best Kirby Game ever made"

I'm going to get it eventually, it just seems to do a lot right.
#15Mariofan15Posted 7/26/2014 8:57:10 PM
MetalGearOnAcid posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
MetalGearOnAcid posted...
I bought it the day it came out. I played the first two worlds (like 10 levels?). I sold it that week. Way too boring and easy. I know Kirby games are usually easy but at least Dream Land 2 had secrets that were harder to get to using animal/power combinations.

DL2 is by far the hardest entry in the series. Not a good comparison.

So? That's my point. The harder games are the better ones. Triple Deluxe is super easy and therefore boring.

Lol.
---
3DS FC:3394-3658-2611
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013
#16GloryChaosPosted 7/26/2014 9:16:32 PM
But Dreamland 2 is the worst kirby platformer game. I'm not even saying that because it was "hard". It isn't. Any difficulty that can be attributed to the game comes from bad level design and unresponsive controls (which the first game has as well, to be fair). One of the levels in either Dark Castle or the world before it is one of the worst things I have ever seen in a platformer. Randomly choose amongst multiple paths in an auto scrolling level? And one of those paths is a dead end you can escape from? What the hell is that?

The best kirby games are probably superstar and dreamland 3. But triple deluxe, canvas curse, and return to dreamland are probably up there too.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#17legendarylemurPosted 7/27/2014 12:09:55 AM
Dreamland 2 is my favorite Kirby game in comparison. I actually enjoyed the puzzle part of the Dark Castle. In the dark room of one of the levels, you can use the lightbulb by getting electric on the fish guy to see the pattern in which you need to get the power-ups. The puzzles in Dreamland 2 were imaginative and skill-oriented. That's a lot more you can say than most of the recent Kirby games that really only have like 2 or 3 puzzles that are legitimately difficult

I actually already had the convo with Glorychaos about this I think? Each to his own I suppose
---
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the British..." - Yami
RIP in peace my blog. thank you.
#18Megamushroom666Posted 7/27/2014 2:55:56 AM
I just got this game and I'm loving it. I know Kirby is a more simple series so the difficulty seems fine to me. This ain't DKC but that's ok cause it's just fun to play and looks great. Never been a big fan of Kirby but I'm really liking Triple Deluxe so far.
---
Snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#19MetalGearOnAcidPosted 7/27/2014 3:08:27 AM
You'll get bored quickly once you realize you're getting all the "secrets" in every level on your first play through of each level and there's nothing to go back and look for because the secrets are all so obvious.
---
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero.
Playing Fire Emblem Awakening and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance. Can't wait for Pokemon Omega Ruby.
#20GloryChaosPosted 7/27/2014 7:30:03 AM
I will agree that all of the dark matter kirby games have had pretty good puzzles when compared to the rest of the series. Some of the stuff in dreamland 3 was kind of hard to figure out at times (like that guy you needed ChuChu for). And I liked fighting secret end game bosses that you could only unlock once you collected everything, which is something I really wish they'd bring back. I just think the actual platforming in those games suffered a lot. Especially in kirby 64 where the only time you'd probably ever lose a life is when you were fighting Miracle Matter.

I'm not sure if we've had this conversation before. Maybe though.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png