You buy most of your games new?

#1pikachupwnagePosted 7/29/2014 8:51:48 AM
You buy most of your games new? - Results (334 votes)
100% of em
25.15% (84 votes)
Most of em
44.61% (149 votes)
More often then not.
12.28% (41 votes)
Its 50/50
8.98% (30 votes)
Less often then I do preowned
6.59% (22 votes)
Barely ever
1.5% (5 votes)
Never
0.3% (1 votes)
All my games are bought for me by others
0.6% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Retail only of course,

Most of em for me. I find deals often though like that 9.99$ lighting deal I managed to nab at the last second for soul hackers on amazon :)
---
Teleporters do it from behind!
People who have gotten this reference. 0. Started 7/21/2014
#2CyberDragon10KPosted 7/29/2014 8:55:52 AM
I voted before reading the "retail only" blurb. :'(

Retail games that are currently out? Yes, I prefer them new/sealed. Not much I can do about pre-owned/out of print games though, especially if I want the CEs well after the fact (still kicking myself for passing up a Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii at an Electronics Boutique once, brand new $60 CAD, years ago). ><#
#3DirtyToenailsPosted 7/29/2014 8:55:55 AM
I buy mostly online, so I don't know.
#4pnutbuttaPosted 7/29/2014 8:59:37 AM
I only buy used if new is too stupidly priced due to being out of print or what have you. Or if I happen to find something I've been wanting for a good price whilst I'm out and about.

I spend a lot of time in pawn shops looking for guns and auto a/v equipment, and I always peruse their electronics. Usually hella good prices on games. Just hit or miss on what titles they will have on hand.
---
now im basically a walnut cracking jaw with a snake attached!
twitter.com/jiffsmooth
#5Bob_DubberyPosted 7/29/2014 9:03:01 AM
I mostly buy used games, saves me some money. It'd have to be something I thought was really special to convince me to pay 50 or so for a game. I don't see the point of buying games brand new, for the most part, since the price will be vastly reduced within six months to a year. There's not a lot that I'm desperate enough to play as soon as it releases. I can wait.
---
Now playing: Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP)
#6pnutbuttaPosted 7/29/2014 9:21:31 AM
Bob_Dubbery posted...
since the price will be vastly reduced within six months to a year.

Not for 1st party titles my bro. Star Fox 64 and OoT 3d are STILL full price, three years later.
---
now im basically a walnut cracking jaw with a snake attached!
twitter.com/jiffsmooth
#7BahamutBBobPosted 7/29/2014 9:22:23 AM
I very rarely buy used games, usually they're new around the time of release.

A few months ago, I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy and Other M used. And just yesterday, I got a used copy of Pokemon Crystal. (the guys at work are going to play Gen 2 competitively, figured I'd join in and they couldn't find an emulator that could link over the network)
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#8BowserJr168Posted 7/29/2014 9:30:40 AM
I buy them all new but I'm gonna start getting used ones as well.
---
#9OdaNobunaPosted 7/29/2014 10:13:16 AM
Always new. I don't like used things.
---
Playing: Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten; Valkyria Chronicles; Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars; Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.
#10MinamoPosted 7/29/2014 10:25:42 AM(edited)
I buy my games "used" from Gamefly. "Used" meaning I pay preowned prices, but I get them a day after release and, in the case of 3DS games, the cartridges have to "initialize first use" for the save or whatever. The case and manual are shipped free when you buy them.

Sure, they're pre-opened, but so is a majority of Gamestop's inventory. Once in a while I'll buy an actually used game, like I recently bought Tales of Xillia from Gamefly for $15 less than what Gamestop was charging.