Can't download Pheonix Wright DD

#11DemonCatursday(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 8:44:27 PM
It's rated T in Japan according to Amazon, also, why isn't DD on amazon? (In english)
---
TomSka behind your sofa [](/ajeww)
http://tinyurl.com/oaqyhaz to see my emotes
#12Bahamut001Posted 8/1/2014 8:47:32 PM
Because it's digital only for countries outside Japan.
---
...Eh.
#13Thunderbird8Posted 8/1/2014 11:10:37 PM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
Always lie about your age. My age qualifies me for every game rating, but even so I still always lie: Nintendo, or any other system or site asking for my age, has no business knowing it.

Regardless, it IS of course a terrible decision they did this. Age ratings on games are for informative purposes only, not something to be strictly enforced.

Pretty sure that all three console companies (as well as the various PC digital storefronts) will restrict downloads if you say you're under the age rating for them... Can't test it myself since I'm well over the minimum age for M though.

Outside the US (and maybe Japan, I'm not sure), the age ratings are legally binding. So it's far simpler to enforce the age ratings everywhere. That and the ESRB is likely the main reason the government did not step in to regulate the industry here, so I get the feeling that most big name game companies are in support of actually enforcing those ratings. I do believe some retail stores will also card you if you look like you may not be of the appropriate age for a game (though it's not required by law that they do so).
#14einsteineckerPosted 8/1/2014 11:16:00 PM
Bahamut001 posted...
No, it didn't. It's just because the crime scenes are a little more detailed because it's polygons and not sprites like the first four games and AAI. Plus, there's anime cutscenes with blood in them, but nothing really gory. It's really pretty much the same as the other AA games.

It's definitely this. IMO this game has a lot more instances of blood than previous games.
---
I'm a long time member of the anime community. Visit my blog @ http://manga-tron.blogspot.com !
My Pokemon TSV: 1962, looking for TSV 0935
#15SSJ2__GohanPosted 8/2/2014 2:18:18 PM
Thunderbird8 posted...
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
Always lie about your age. My age qualifies me for every game rating, but even so I still always lie: Nintendo, or any other system or site asking for my age, has no business knowing it.

Regardless, it IS of course a terrible decision they did this. Age ratings on games are for informative purposes only, not something to be strictly enforced.

Pretty sure that all three console companies (as well as the various PC digital storefronts) will restrict downloads if you say you're under the age rating for them... Can't test it myself since I'm well over the minimum age for M though.

Outside the US (and maybe Japan, I'm not sure), the age ratings are legally binding. So it's far simpler to enforce the age ratings everywhere. That and the ESRB is likely the main reason the government did not step in to regulate the industry here, so I get the feeling that most big name game companies are in support of actually enforcing those ratings. I do believe some retail stores will also card you if you look like you may not be of the appropriate age for a game (though it's not required by law that they do so).

Seems you're right about it being legally binding. I always saw it as an advice because that's what they call it here: it's literally called an "age advice", yet despite it being a mere advice it's apparantly legally binding indeed.