Do you still buy a game even after you been accidentally spoiled?

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do you still buy a game even after you been accidentally spoiled?
1 year ago#1
I accidentally spoiled myself on FE:A.. D:

i hate spoilers.

I just read that: The healer girl at the start of the game is a princess or something.
1 year ago#2
Yes but I'd be annoyed.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
1 year ago#3
Id still buy it.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 3DS XL FC: 0490-6058-6459
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL, Wii
1 year ago#4
Yeah. I switch my mindset to "But HOW did that happen? What was the cause?". Helped me get through most of FF7.
1 year ago#5
Terrorknight3 posted...
I accidentally spoiled myself on FE:A.. D:

i hate spoilers.

I just read that: The healer girl at the start of the game is a princess or something.

That's not really a spoiler. Sure they don't mention it until Chapter 3 or 4, but it's not like it was a big secret. The characters just forgot to mention it to you because they were distracted by all the fighting.

On topic: I don't think I've ever played a game, read a book, or seen a movie where the ending or a major plot twist was NOT spoiled for me beforehand. It doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the story, but I think it might be nice to go into something completely blind for once. Unfortunately, I send so much time online that I'll eventually run into spoilers for something I was looking forward to.
---
3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838 Honest Carl
Now Playing: Pokemon Y Ghost Safari:Pumpkaboo/Lampent/Drifblim SV:1661
1 year ago#6
lf l skipped every game l spoiled myself on, l'd be near-gameless. l hate myself for doing it, but l can't help myself sometimes.
1 year ago#7
I'd still pick it up. A good story is about the journey, not just a few random facts/events. But, for the most part, I've avoided spoilers in games I actually care about.
---
Now playing: Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP)
1 year ago#8
Yes, because I spend too much time on the Internet in general and as a consequence end up spoiling a good number of things.

The worst experience was a year or two ago when I stumbled upon major spoilers out of nowhere for a book I was just about to finish. That was awful.
---
A chronic community ambulator.
1 year ago#9
It really depends on how story driven the game is and how big the spoiler is. Fire Emblem Awakening is still worth it even if you know that. You learn it really early anyway. However it's hard for me to want to play something like Bioshock since it was spoiled for me.
---
Video Game Piano Music
https://www.youtube.com/user/aousley92
1 year ago#10
Yes, I treat plot as 20% part of the game.
---
Trying to complete an arcade game: Harley-Davidson's King of the Road.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do you still buy a game even after you been accidentally spoiled?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived