Just beat my 1st Shin Megami Tensei game it was Soul Hackers and no guide used

#1HellsingOrgPosted 8/14/2014 11:45:45 AM
Does this count for bragging rights of some kind?

Probably one of my most hardcore gaming experiences in my life.
I went to my grandparents cabin on vacation for the week and was bored. They had no internet and I wanted to play some games. They drove me to town one day and I passed by a store selling a copy for 20 bucks I picked it up because I was always attracted to SMT games and I liked the Cyberpunk plotline thing I heard about.

Well I basically played like 8 hours every day for a week and beat the game.
It was crazy and that Algon Monolith building dungeon before the final one was hella hard and confusing and I felt like I was going crazy.

There were times were I would have used a guide but didn't because no internet so basically I beat the whole game blindly.

Beat the final boss at like level 61 with MC

fun game, decent story (could have been better) some weird boss designs, and not enough boss fights in my opinion.

I really like SMT now so I'm thinking of playing SMT4 now and will try to get Strange Journey too.
Any chance of SM2 getting ported to 3DS??? :DDD

Side effects: ugh.... dunno why but I keep wanting to fight demons and talk and recruit them in real life now, the music keeps playing in my head even now.... Also why are they "all" called demons? some of them are deities and gods or angels that have always been associated with benevolent holy type beings... I don't understand why they are given the label demons in SMT games but whatever.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2PrinnyWinPosted 8/14/2014 11:47:54 AM
Uh no?
Beating the game without using a guide is pretty basic actually.
---
"If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I'm convinced that these two are blind."- Phoenix Wright, AA:T&T.
#3DeliFlatChestPosted 8/14/2014 11:50:55 AM
Well, I was stuck on a boss and I needed a help on it, Someone told me what to do though I haven't really booted the game after temporarily stopping playing

**** Snappy seriously
---
Megidolaon for everyone!
Serperior is your Superior. Kirby Triple Deluxe is my portable GotY of 2014
#4HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 11:59:11 AM
Anyone have any advice or tips for the optional dungeon and those optional bosses?
How many are there and I"m level 61 with MC do I need to grind and what stats more?

Best demons to have?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#5DeliFlatChestPosted 8/14/2014 12:03:38 PM
I wish I could help but SH is the only 3DS SMT I didn't beat
---
Megidolaon for everyone!
#6Deimos259Posted 8/14/2014 12:12:17 PM
Now go play the really good ones (Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Strange Journey)
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#7DeliFlatChestPosted 8/14/2014 12:13:48 PM
IMO
DDS=SMT4>SMT3

But again I'm just at the start of DDS, I might place it higher if I played it more
---
Megidolaon for everyone!
#8Akihiko__SanadaPosted 8/14/2014 3:04:52 PM
Welcome to the SMT community, TC. You're about to enter some of the best RPGs ever made. I'm glad you had a good time with Soul Hackers - there's plenty more where that came from. I recomment either SMTIII or SMTIV next, but if you want an experience more like Soul Hackers, try SMT Strange Journey.
---
Hyped for: Super Danganronpa 2, Layton vs Ace Attorney, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Playing: Dragon's Crown, Atelier Totori Plus, Etrian Odyssey IV (postgame)
#9Sir_HaxorPosted 8/14/2014 3:16:10 PM
Not an SMT game but congrats.

Go pick up Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne, Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha, SMT1 and 2, Devil Survivor, and Persona 1 and 2, Last Bible and then STOP.

Leave the franchise afterwards or you will be disappointed.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#10Sir_HaxorPosted 8/14/2014 3:16:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]