Just beat my 1st Shin Megami Tensei game it was Soul Hackers and no guide used

#11HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 4:04:34 AM
btw the ending was pretty sad and depressing Leader really does die and doesn't make it like I thought he would, then Lunch moves away to become a journalist and you leave and Hitomi leaves.... everyone leaves and the islanders move away

that was not the happy ending or even "good" ending I was expecting lol.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#12Sir_HaxorPosted 8/15/2014 4:25:28 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
btw the ending was pretty sad and depressing Leader really does die and doesn't make it like I thought he would, then Lunch moves away to become a journalist and you leave and Hitomi leaves.... everyone leaves and the islanders move away

that was not the happy ending or even "good" ending I was expecting lol.

Play it again for a better result :)
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#13MR_SorenPosted 8/15/2014 5:21:38 AM
Cool, the SMT games are reasonably challenging. Glad you had fun.

On 3DS, I think SMT IV, Devil Survivor, and Strange Journey are all very good games, but Devil Survivor is a fair bit different than the other two since it's a tactical RPG.

To me, they say "demon" because it's simpler than calling everything a "supernatural being" or something equally wordy.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#14HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 6:30:52 AM
I plan on playing

Digital Devil Saga 1-2
SMT 3 Nocturne
Strange Journey (if I can find it now... seems rare and hard to find and expensive)
SMT4
Persona 1-3

I'm unsure about the ios port of SMT1.... why no 3ds or Vita port?

also why hasn't SMT2 or the original Digital Devil Story Megami Tensei 1-2 on NES never localized????

Oh and why hasn't the original Devil Summoner game ever get localized but we got the sequel Soul Hackers???

Also I think I will skip Devil Summoner 3-4 on PS2 because those look really weird and different.... action rpg lol.

And those gaiden bible spinoff games and if... I might skip too.
---
#15Sir_HaxorPosted 8/15/2014 9:24:24 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
I plan on playing

Digital Devil Saga 1-2
SMT 3 Nocturne
Strange Journey (if I can find it now... seems rare and hard to find and expensive)
SMT4
Persona 1-3

I'm unsure about the ios port of SMT1.... why no 3ds or Vita port?

also why hasn't SMT2 or the original Digital Devil Story Megami Tensei 1-2 on NES never localized????

Oh and why hasn't the original Devil Summoner game ever get localized but we got the sequel Soul Hackers???

Also I think I will skip Devil Summoner 3-4 on PS2 because those look really weird and different.... action rpg lol.

And those gaiden bible spinoff games and if... I might skip too.

If... and Last Bible are no different from the traditional dungeon crawlers. The former isn't translated though and I take it you can't read Japanese.

Megami Tensei 1 has been fan translated and releasing next month. SMT1 and 2 have been fan translated so you can play those too if you don't mind playing on reconstructed hardware.
---
#16MR_SorenPosted 8/15/2014 11:15:30 AM
The iOS version of SMT is fine. It's a localized version of the GBA title, running in an emulator with an on-screen d-pad and buttons. Not the best, but quite playable.

Releasing it for a proper handheld would be ideal, but I suppose the iOS version is a cheap way to test the waters. I don't think we will see the old SMT games on a regular handheld unless Atlus decides to remake them again.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#17Sir_HaxorPosted 8/15/2014 11:55:41 AM
MR_Soren posted...
The iOS version of SMT is fine. It's a localized version of the GBA title, running in an emulator with an on-screen d-pad and buttons. Not the best, but quite playable.

Releasing it for a proper handheld would be ideal, but I suppose the iOS version is a cheap way to test the waters. I don't think we will see the old SMT games on a regular handheld unless Atlus decides to remake them again.

But the Super Famicom version has the best music! TC should listen to the best Megaten OST in its purest form.
---
#18HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 1:13:10 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
MR_Soren posted...

But the Super Famicom version has the best music! TC should listen to the best Megaten OST in its purest form.

Yeah as soon as I found out it was the GBA port I was worried about the music quality.
---
#19burningxbridgesPosted 8/19/2014 1:21:56 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
I went to my grandparents cabin on vacation for the week and was bored. They had no internet and I wanted to play some games

What
You got to spend a week in a cabin, so you played video games
I cannot fathom this
#20legendarylemurPosted 8/19/2014 1:22:27 AM
I actually didn't really like Soul Hackers. I know it was based on the Native American mythologies, but I didn't really feel much from the whole story. The combat was a bit dull as well, and the demons can't level, which sucks. You can sort of grind their stats up to max for Masakado, but it's a lot of hassle for one demon, considering u need a full team of 6 max stats demons to even stand a chance against the secret boss. Ah... I dunno, I regret paying full price for Soul Hackers tbqh
---
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the British..." - Yami
RIP in peace my blog. thank you.