Vita or 3ds?

#21XNo_FearXPosted 8/18/2014 11:08:55 AM
i prefer my 3ds. i think my pokemon game has more hours then all my vita games combined and i tried a lot of vita games
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost FC: 1392-4747-3214
Asus Laptop | GTX 670M | i5 @3.1GHz | 8gb Ram | 750 HD | W8
#22XNo_FearXPosted 8/18/2014 11:11:31 AM
Spade21X posted...
3DS.
Isn't the Vita pretty much dead? I heard Sony isn't making games for it anymore. Plus, outside of Digimon Story and P4G (which pretty much just P4 but with additions) there's really nothing worthwhile to play on the Vita. Danganrona isn't even that great, it's a poor man's Ace Attorney + Zero Escape and FFX HD is way better on the PS3.
I heard Freedom Wars tanked, the Jak HD collection is buggy, FF Type-0 is moving to PS4, and that there's barely any exclusives for it. Plus it's super expensive and that's without the overpriced memory cards. Yeah, screw that.

Wrong, Danganropa is great
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost FC: 1392-4747-3214
Asus Laptop | GTX 670M | i5 @3.1GHz | 8gb Ram | 750 HD | W8
#23ExtraspectrePosted 8/18/2014 11:16:14 AM
Spade21X posted...
3DS.
Isn't the Vita pretty much dead? I heard Sony isn't making games for it anymore. Plus, outside of Digimon Story and P4G (which pretty much just P4 but with additions) there's really nothing worthwhile to play on the Vita. Danganrona isn't even that great, it's a poor man's Ace Attorney + Zero Escape and FFX HD is way better on the PS3.
I heard Freedom Wars tanked, the Jak HD collection is buggy, FF Type-0 is moving to PS4, and that there's barely any exclusives for it. Plus it's super expensive and that's without the overpriced memory cards. Yeah, screw that.

The vita still gets 3rd party weeb games from Japan.

Actually that's pretty much all it gets now.
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#24coopppPosted 8/18/2014 11:42:56 AM
Spade21X posted...
3DS.

Danganronpa is miles better than Dual Destinies.
#25Village IdiotPosted 8/18/2014 11:47:08 AM
Do you like niched Japanese games?

If so, get a Vita.

Otherwise, don't bother because Sony and Western devs have abandoned it and its upcoming releases is nothing but indie ports and niched Japanese games.
---
PSN - Zaphikl
Now Playing - Mana Khemia~Student Alliance, Project Diva F, Tales of Xillia, Spelunky, Teleglitch
#26yomomma0919Posted 8/18/2014 11:47:17 AM
cooppp posted...
Spade21X posted...
3DS.

Danganronpa is miles better than Dual Destinies.

I wouldn't say that. They're equal to me.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4875-0540 VITA PSN:Leek0919
Now playing: Sonic Rush (DS) EOU(3DS) LOZ: ALBW(3DS) Pokemon X (3DS)
#27stargazer64Posted 8/18/2014 12:19:48 PM
I usually prefer Nintendo stuff at the end of the day, but not when it comes to Vita vs 3DS. Vita wins easily with better hardware and there are more games that I like on it.
---
"Can mertroid crawl in this one? I want to play like soilent snake and smoke cigerats to get under lazer beams." - toadieman
#28SZAPosted 8/18/2014 1:15:50 PM
I play alot Vita more. I bought the 3DS first expecting the eshop to have lots of SNES-games, new games, content, DLC's and stuff but it's pretty much empty. None of the new games excite me either. So after awhile, I decided to burn some cash and take a chance on the Vita, and it was then I realized I've been on the wrong side of the hedge all this time.

Vita has an extensive PSOne and PSP-catalogue, lots of PS3 ports (which does alot for me because I don't own any consoles at the moment) and a decent amount of original games. Two major cons though: the battery life, and the expensive and not so big memory cards.

It's a shame because I loved my GBA SP Advance and my NDS XL. Used to play the metroidvanias, Mega Man Zero-games, the Mario and Luigi series and so on. But 3DS dropped the ball.
#29PrincessLumPosted 8/18/2014 5:44:33 PM
I have both. I love my 3DS - I got it at launch and also love that I can play the entire DS library on it. Since I've had it so much longer than the Vita, I have invested a lot more time into it and so I am pretty partial to it.

That being said, while I only got a Vita a little less than a month ago, I am enjoying it so far. It has all the PS1 classics that I love (especially the PS1 Final Fantasy games and now FFX/X-2) and all the PSP classics that I never played, but always wanted to (as I never owned a PSP). The Vita games are very Japanese-niche and anime-based, which also makes me pretty nostalgic, too, since when I was younger I was a huge anime fan (I still watch anime, but not like I used to in high school and college, when I was obsessed), and so playing those games reminds me of my otaku years, haha.

You probably really should enjoy anime-styled games/JRPGs/Japanese niche games if you want to get the Vita. The 3DS is more universal in that it has games that appeal to a broader audience (both in age and in style - even the games with anime art style feel much more westernized than the Vita ones, although part of that could do with localizations...like Phoenix Wright suddenly taking place somewhere in California, lol). The Vita caters to a more specific audience, but if you're at all into anime, I'd say it would also be a good choice since a lot of the games have an anime-style to them.

Either way, both have awesome games to play on them, and I'm glad I have both now. :-)
#30Noble-HeartPosted 8/18/2014 6:24:27 PM
Depends on your taste of games:

Vita:

RPG, Figthing, Visual novel, Shooter, and Music.

3Ds:

Platform, Action, Party, Puzzle, adventure, and strategy

But this is only my opinion of this from only taking a quick peak of their current catalogues and also don't expect much western support other than indies for both handhelds.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH2j6dKPwxo!
FC : 2208-5041-2876 Ingame name: Castile