Nintendo needs to fix the VC controls

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo needs to fix the VC controls
2 years ago#1
The controls need a custom option like on Wii U VC. The 3DS is just too bulky and heavy to hold to use B and A. The NES games are ok with X and A. But still a Y and B option would be nice.
3DS FC-0774-4246-6840 Name-OpTIMus
2 years ago#2
I would love this.

also this is relevant: http://cdn.brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/comics/2014-05-09-564.png
Currently overwhelmed by 3DS games.
2 years ago#3
LeaderRElliot posted...
I would love this.

also this is relevant: http://cdn.brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/comics/2014-05-09-564.png

I love how BitF has become the xkcd of Nintendo, hahaha.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
[3DS FC: 1289-8445-3650] | [NNID: xShiga] | [PSN: Shiga2714] | [Steam: xxshigaxx] [LoL: xShiga]
2 years ago#4
I position my thumb between the A and B buttons where it is easy to press either or both of them with the tip of the finger. The face buttons' layout is too small to use the Y and B buttons with the tip and joint of the thumb, respectively.

So, yeah, A/B is better than Y/B IMO.
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
2 years ago#5
Hahaha, that comic is perfect.
I've gotten used to it by rotating my hand a bit to the right, so it creates that angle over B and A, but it's still not very comfortable. We really need configurable buttons for these VC games.
"A pumpkin-headed messenger of Hell. The fire it breathes can melt even steel."
2 years ago#6
I can play mega man with A+B using only the thumb, but I'm sure that I would prefer having it on Y+B.
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
2 years ago#7
*sigh*

Yeah it's pretty annoying.
vattodev posted...
I can play mega man with A+B using only the thumb, but I'm sure that I would prefer having it on Y+B.

I had to switch to using X and A :/
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
2 years ago#8
Dante200X posted...
I had to switch to using X and A :/

The fact that this is even an option is a very good thing, and makes me consider getting those MM games more.
"A pumpkin-headed messenger of Hell. The fire it breathes can melt even steel."
2 years ago#9
It really is annoying to not have the y/b setup for some games. The custom control options for the Wii U VC are so awesome. Tweaking Megaman Battle Network was awesome. Made R2 and L2 the same as R1 and L1 (or whatever they are called) then made the x button the start menu and y button the tip button. So nice.
PSN: robinhoek
NNID: RobinHood --- 3DS FC: 4854-6451-5237
2 years ago#10
Zeblid posted...
The fact that this is even an option is a very good thing, and makes me consider getting those MM games more.

It's do-able and works okay enough to beat MM games but it takes some time to get used to it and it's far from ideal.
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo needs to fix the VC controls

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived