Is fantasy life really plot heavy?

#1TowerBooks3192Posted 8/22/2014 4:18:48 AM
Imported Fantasy Life Link (I know EU would get it) and I was wondering if it is really plot heavy as I could read most words but don't understand most of them. I plan to study and then tackle the game head-on instead of waiting to master JP before diving in to it.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#2TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 5:01:59 AM
My main concern is how important is the plot to the game like does it have an ending or what. If it is something that is endless like Animal Crossing or harvest moon then I guess I might play it over and over again until I could understand it. I am mainly asking for advice on how to tackle trying to understand the game.
---
#3Aura_SpherePosted 8/22/2014 5:04:35 AM
Master Japanese? In how long, may I ask?
---
lol
#4TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 5:07:17 AM
Aura_Sphere posted...

I don't expect doing it overnight.Rome wasn't built in a day so I would expect a few months (hopefully) or even at least 1-4 years. I could understand the menus but the basic sentences is my problem. As I said my main concern is how important the plot to the story is or I could just blindly play the game being able to read but not understand most of it.
---
#5Epic_McDudePosted 8/22/2014 6:44:25 AM
Why didn't you just wait for the U.S./EU/AU release date or wherever you're from?

This doesn't make sense.

If the release date was far off, I could understand, but this is silly.
---
"They'll be fighting the army of Epic McDudes. Only the Smash Bros stand a chance against them." -Demon_Acker
#6Aura_SpherePosted 8/22/2014 6:47:04 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Aura_Sphere posted...

I don't expect doing it overnight.Rome wasn't built in a day so I would expect a few months (hopefully) or even at least 1-4 years. I could understand the menus but the basic sentences is my problem. As I said my main concern is how important the plot to the story is or I could just blindly play the game being able to read but not understand most of it.

There's no way you're doing it in a few months.
---
lol
#7TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 6:53:13 AM
Aura_Sphere posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Aura_Sphere posted...

There's no way you're doing it in a few months.

Challenge accepted. On a serious note, I don't expect it to be that fast though. I just want to know if it is really plot heavy or does it have an ending or something or I could just mess around or it could be played like other games. My short term goal is to understand a bit just enough to wander around and play the game. I can enjoy yugioh now and understand a bit but knowing a lot of cards helped me at least enjoy the game.

Yeah I know it is stupid why I got the game now but I was just so excited and I need at least another game to go with my yugioh and JP 3DS.
---
#8CuriCurryPosted 8/22/2014 7:27:24 AM
It is a very text heavy game. There is no voice acting so you read everything. As far as the story, you get a red arrow that points you in the right direction but other than that, you have to figure everything else out. The story ends after 8 chapters.

Even if you know a little Japanese, it's so much that you will most likely tire from trying to translate it all. I can understand now why the game took so long to localize.
---
NA 3DS FC: 0361-6567-5010 PSN: Curiousiko
http://curiousiko.tumblr.com/
#9TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 7:28:49 AM
CuriCurry posted...
It is a very text heavy game. There is no voice acting so you read everything. As far as the story, you get a red arrow that points you in the right direction but other than that, you have to figure everything else out. The story ends after 8 chapters.

Even if you know a little Japanese, it's so much that you will most likely tire from trying to translate it all. I can understand now why the game took so long to localize.

Ok. I will not give up on it though. I think I will continue with at least yugioh for now as they used more or less the same word over and over again for cards.
---
#10sh0wnufPosted 8/22/2014 7:35:49 AM(edited)
Epic_McDude posted...
Why didn't you just wait for the U.S./EU/AU release date or wherever you're from?
This doesn't make sense.
If the release date was far off, I could understand, but this is silly.

If he imported a system for another game (ie MH4) or wanted an limited edition Japanese 3DS he likely wants more titles to play on it due to region locks.

I've considered doing it for MH4 alone, and likely would be in the same boat looking for another accessible game to play on it... which is why I ultimately didn't get a Japanese DS

edit: sorry- just saw you mentioned getting it for yu gi oh... there ya go.