How often do you see a handheld in public?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How often do you see a handheld in public?

User Info: hanako21

hanako21
2 years ago#11
I can catch at least one other person using a handheld (mostly 3DS; Vita is much rarer) on public transportation every day. But I live in a very crowded city where it's easy to rack up at least 3-4 Streetpasses daily.
3DS FC: Zetta, 2552-0822-6382
Pokemon Y: Pansear, Charmeleon, and Fletchinder. PM to add.

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
2 years ago#12
Every week when I go to my local 3ds meet up (we're usually playing Pokemon, monster hunter, bomberman or mario kart)

I dont see any vitas though (unless I decide to ask my friends to join me for Dragons crown)

I really hope Freedom wars gets people to do sony handheld local meet ups again (we use to do a few for monster hunter and gods eater on the psp back in the days)
^ idk if Freedom wars have online modes, but if theres online most chances is that the local community will continue to be dead

Its weird how if a nintendo game has online, noone uses it and still prefer's to play locally.. while if a Sony game has online, noone wants to play locally and everything is done online
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
2 years ago#13
Rarely and it's always a child when I do. I assume most people over the age of 13 go out with specific purposes and not to play games.

Of course I don't take public transit. I feel like I may see more people if I was taking the train into New York for work everyday or something.
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero

User Info: Grave_monk

Grave_monk
2 years ago#14
Rarely. When I'm at work I'll see the occasional parent bring their car in with their kids in tow with a 2ds (probably won't even see that when summer is done though). On the bus? Never. I just see dumb people looking to get mugged playing on their phones. Lulz. Myself? I just bring my gba sp. SUPER portable, so glad I bought it two years ago not knowing I'd have to take it to work in my lunchbag.. lol.
-MELON MELON MELON- -OUT OF CHEESE ERROR-
3DS FC : 1332-8300-9200 @ Dwebble, onix, and barbaracle

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
2 years ago#15
Very rarely. The first time I saw a 3DS IRL was on a public transit bus back in 2011. I spent a disgusting amount of time that year riding the bus back and forth to collage, having someone to battle/trade Pokemon with was actually a pretty big help.
There were also a couple of DS Lites and a PSP floating around that school.

I don't think I've seen a handheld in public since that year. I don't even see that many smartphones being used for anything other then quick texts/calls.
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938
- From the desk of Admiral PsychowolfX

User Info: Super_Penguin2

Super_Penguin2
2 years ago#16
Every week i've been seeing the same kid carring around his DSi at the car show in my town. Other than that almost never.
ACNL Name: Julia, Town: Duketown
3DS Friendcode: 5043-2239-5637

User Info: m0986-8

m0986-8
2 years ago#17
Saw it every day when I lived in Tokyo... as for America I see it maybe once a week? Sometimes less than that.
3DS FC: 0344-9282-6531
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM

User Info: terrancejones

terrancejones
2 years ago#18
Not unless I go to a convention. I do get the odd streetpass here and there, so they must be out there. I just don't actually see them.
3DS Friend Code: 5327-0996-6757 Water FS: Panpour, Quagsire, Frogadier

User Info: TheMisterManGuy

TheMisterManGuy
2 years ago#19
hyjinx17 posted...
Rarely and it's always a child when I do. I assume most people over the age of 13 go out with specific purposes and not to play games.

Well, when I was in school, I saw quite a few 3DS' in the wild. So I don't think handheld gaming is taboo amoung teens and adults (at least it shouldn't be). I think its just that if they're not going to be out for a long time, they probably see no reason to carry a handheld, or play a game.

User Info: SillySquad

SillySquad
2 years ago#20
I'm a high schooler in America and my school is actually pretty cool with 3DSs. I was able to convince 2/3 of my closest friends to get 3DSs as well (still trying on the last one). I can get maybe 7 or so streetpasses in a day, but I don't think there are any vitas. I also go to a Magnet school, so it's a bit nerdier than your standard high school.
Pancakes
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How often do you see a handheld in public?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived