How often do you see a handheld in public?

#21davidvincPosted 8/23/2014 9:48:50 AM
Every once in a while I'll see them at the airport, other than that, never.
---
Jesus is Lord.
http://backloggery.com/davidvinc
#22Bigmac909Posted 8/23/2014 11:21:53 AM
terrancejones posted...
I do get the odd streetpass here and there, so they must be out there. I just don't actually see them.

Same. If I actively take my 3DS out in hopes of getting a SP, I can usually get one a week (living in a pretty rural area). Yet I practically never see them.
---
3DS FC: 3695 - 0067 - 4389 Name: Shane
Pokemon X Safari: Fire Type - Larvesta, Magmar, & Fletchinder!
#23nazacuckooPosted 8/23/2014 1:22:47 PM
Quite a bit, actually. Every few months... If that counts as "quite a bit".
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt | VITA PSN: Nazacuckoo
Hooray! Persona Q and SMT IV are being released in Europe! Nothing else to report.
#24SaraAB87Posted 8/23/2014 4:08:01 PM
I think you tend to see them more in places where people tend to have to wait, like doctors offices, airports, bus stations etc.. This requires something with more battery life than a smartphone and requires something that takes longer to play than a smartphone game that will suck up your battery. Some doctors appointments are 2-3 hours long (if you are waiting for someone) so you need something that can keep you occupied in the waiting room the whole time and gaming handhelds are perfect for this.

As far as just going out, most of the time I am preoccupied with why I am going out in the first place, aka grocery shopping, or shopping to bust out the handheld to play. If I see my green light turn on I might pull it out for a few min to check the streetpasses but that is about it and to make sure the streetpasses aren't full especially if I hit multiple streetpass relays per day.

I don't see too many using smartphones for games, some kids are doing that if they have a phone but I don't see it too often. I see a lot of kids with tablets and they are playing games on those so that seems like the main market even moreso than smart phones.. Most adults use their smartphone for texting, browsing facebook, twitter, making phone calls or doing things like that, not for gaming. If they are gaming on a smartphone its nothing past candy crush..or whatever the latest smartphone game craze is

Also I know they are out there since I get streetpasses all the time, I think a lot of time I get them on the road or its from a parent pushing a stroller and they have a 3DS in their bags, or parents who carry their kids 3DS in their purses because I often don't see the 3DS out in the open when I get a streetpass, sometimes I do but that is rare.
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 3926-4622-6128
#25FefnirOmega13Posted 8/23/2014 4:52:12 PM
Every couple of months I see someone with one.
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!
#26Puma_ItaliaPosted 8/23/2014 5:05:42 PM
I never really see people playing handhelds in public anymore.
---
Nintendo 3DS: 3866-8160-2735
#27darklinkfan55Posted 8/23/2014 5:09:02 PM
i always see one usually in a waiting area of some sort, also food courts at malls.. but other than that i never see anyone carrying it with them... but i do still get street passes often
---
~everyone has a darkside, link has two~
gt: Malkavian Zero fc: 1220-5958-3418
#28parKb5Posted 8/23/2014 5:13:17 PM
I live in Japan, I see multiple 3DS systems every day.
---
American living in Japan. Read my blog: little-differences-in-japan.blogspot.jp
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg@Kawasaki
#29Skull_proPosted 8/23/2014 5:36:29 PM
Where do most of you guys live to see handheld systems so rarely? I live in 500k population city and I see one almost everyday. Heck, I went to a small city of barely over 19k people and still saw a couple of 3DSes in the 36 hours or so that Ibspent there.
---
Everyone should beleive in something. I beleive I'll have another beer.
3DS:4339 2730 2396: Steel Friend Safari
#30SifonPosted 8/23/2014 6:09:01 PM
i get a bunch of street passes daily when im at my college. People definitely are carrying them around just not really taking them out