So even Capcom agrees the 3DS VC needs to support SNES games.

#41AmandaDanielPosted 8/23/2014 7:32:08 AM
Yay grans is here
---
Let's all laugh at an industry that never learns anything, tee hee hee!
- Zero Punctuation
#42WrestlinFanPosted 8/23/2014 7:37:19 AM
grans posted...
Jesus, I would hope people have higher standards out of Nintendo than McDonalds food... As stated, anyone can easily make better burgers than that garbage. Nintendo is in the business of making some of the highest quality games out there. In relative quality, McDonalds is the absolute bottom of the barrel for the business they're in. People are conditioned to expect low quality crap because that's what is served. Nintendo's high quality conditions infinitely higher standards in their customers.

When does McDonalds pretend to be anything other than cheap, easy fast food?
---
Ironic love for Razieru
Bones they say the weather's changing aww, shesaw shesaw
#43gransPosted 8/23/2014 7:44:59 AM(edited)
WrestlinFan posted...
When does McDonalds pretend to be anything other than cheap, easy fast food?

I was actually agreeing with your post on comparing homebrew to McDonalds food if that wasn't clear, not the other guy's comment. Though i'm not on a specific side about what is right or wrong in the eyes of the law.

I'd actually say that what McDonalds sells is even "food" to begin with is stretching it.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#4419eighty7Posted 8/23/2014 7:46:30 AM
Even owning the original carts or having bought them in the past isn't enough for the rights holders, every time I've seen the question brought up to any of the companies involved in the gaming industry they seemed to explicitly say if you weren't playing the game you legally owned on the original system you were robbing them.

Nuts to that either way.
#45AmandaDanielPosted 8/23/2014 7:48:03 AM
"I'd actually say that what McDonalds sells is even "food" to begin with is stretching it."

They try every once in a while, bringing out an overpriced "premium" item like the Arch Deluxe or the Bacon Clubhouse Burger.

It fails miserably, of course, and fall back on their premade, ready-to-assemble stuff that brings them profits.

Lately it actually hasn't been working for them though- it seems that the current round of price-raising is causing fewer people to pick them. Maybe seven bucks is too much for the general public to pay for that stuff.
---
- Zero Punctuation
#46n00bsaib0tPosted 8/23/2014 7:49:20 AM
@Grans

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

Also from Nintendo's website.

Their own website contradicts itself. This gem is on there too.

Are Game Copying Devices Illegal?

Yes. Game copiers enable users to illegally copy video game software onto floppy disks, writeable compact disks or the hard drive of a personal computer. They enable the user to make, play and distribute illegal copies of video game software which violates Nintendo's copyrights and trademarks. These devices also allow for the uploading and downloading of ROMs to and from the Internet. Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal.

By that logic, kitchen knives are also illegal. I could murder someone with one, and murder is illegal, therefore kitchen knives are illegal.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#4719eighty7Posted 8/23/2014 7:52:03 AM
AmandaDaniel posted...
"I'd actually say that what McDonalds sells is even "food" to begin with is stretching it."

They try every once in a while, bringing out an overpriced "premium" item like the Arch Deluxe or the Bacon Clubhouse Burger.

It fails miserably, of course, and fall back on their premade, ready-to-assemble stuff that brings them profits.

Lately it actually hasn't been working for them though- it seems that the current round of price-raising is causing fewer people to pick them. Maybe seven bucks is too much for the general public to pay for that stuff.

Dude the Arch Deluxe was from way back in 96.

Also from what I remember it wasn't actually that bad as far as their usual fare goes. Either way I'm more of a Wendy's/Canadian A&W/Edo Fan.
#48AmandaDanielPosted 8/23/2014 7:54:01 AM
n00bsaib0t-

Speaking entirely in terms of law and not morals, and outside of Nintendo's ideas of what's what, bear in mind the JS&A case.

The one-backup rule doesn't apply to carts.
---
- Zero Punctuation
#49gransPosted 8/23/2014 8:07:48 AM
@n00bsaib0t

Not really disagreeing with you about the contradiction and lapses in logic on their part. I'm just saying that companies are trying to perpetuate the notion that even personal backups are illegal. Though as AmandaDaniel has stated, there has been some legal basis to perpetuate their actual illegality as well, not just Nintendo's own legal spin.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#50n00bsaib0tPosted 8/23/2014 8:12:28 AM
AmandaDaniel posted...
n00bsaib0t-

Speaking entirely in terms of law and not morals, and outside of Nintendo's ideas of what's what, bear in mind the JS&A case.

The one-backup rule doesn't apply to carts.

According to Nintendo's website, the Wii U itself is illegal as I can use it directly to rip a Wii game, then put said game on the Internet to download. This discussion applies to more than carts, games are on multiple forms of media.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile