#21blohangelPosted 8/23/2014 9:33:40 AM
My fellow.

The 3DS is just getting started.

(Yah get one it's pretty coo'.)
---
"It me." -Me, when it me.
PSN: Angel_Garcilazo/3DS FC: 4940-5942-3940
#22INKU48Posted 8/23/2014 9:34:37 AM
If you want the best deal on an XL it might be good to wait a couple of months for Black Friday. You should expect something like $149 with a game included at some point during the holiday season.
#23Bleu_SkiePosted 8/23/2014 10:58:14 AM
DarkMasterShake posted...
Im leaning more towards and original or XL. 2ds just seems ugly/clunky to me. Anyone who bought a 2ds have any input on that? Never seen one in person.

Also whats a decent price to buy a used 3ds/xl? In the perfect world I would get the fire emblem blue one, but I know I would be paying a premium for that. Thanks for the help guys, ive been jonesing for a Nintendo system for a while but the Wii U is a bit too expensive for me right now.

Nintendo has refurbished models I hear are good. They come with the og box and look like new. $135 for the normal xl's, $150 for special edition xl's. Last I looked they had the Mario and Luigi and Yoshi special editions available.
---
I see you talking, but all I hear is syphilis! -Stocking Anarchy
#24UltimarokPosted 8/23/2014 11:53:45 AM
DarkMasterShake posted...
2ds just seems ugly/clunky to me. Anyone who bought a 2ds have any input on that? Never seen one in person.

You couldn't be more wrong on that one. I mean the 'ugly' factor is debatable and I'll give you that one. (Although I have gotten used to its "Toast Bread" shape and now think it's charming.) But it really isn't as clunky as it looks. I thought the exact same thing that you did when I first saw pictures of it when I was trying to consider which version of the handheld system to get for my very first one.

If you want input on the 2DS, check out this thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/69899755

My input in that thread is post #7. There are other useful opinions and testimonies as well.

If you enjoyed the Gameboy, Gameboy color and Gameboy Advance handhelds systems, then you will enjoy the 2DS.
---
"The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a pattern of systems." -Bruce Lee
#25Anrui_Posted 8/23/2014 12:31:40 PM
lambchips posted...
Its not even in the middle of the 3ds life yet... It has a good 3-4 more years left imo

I'm thinking that they're going to keep the 3DS around a bit longer than that. With how long it took for the system to even begin selling and making them profit and with the increasing amount of mobile competition it wouldn't be wise to release a new handheld with 0 userbase anytime soon.
---
1.0: http://i.imgur.com/tP5HsE3.png
ARR: http://i.imgur.com/D4ArLDE.png
#26DBeanPosted 8/23/2014 1:58:24 PM
I think it still has another two full years on the market and a third where it's getting phased out. No truth to that guess, but I very much doubt they give up on their most profitable hardware that quickly when there's still time for sequels and some other series that haven't shown up on the thing yet.

It also has the best lineup on the market right now, so I'd get it and pick up the gems or niche titles you missed out on before they aren't on store shelves anymore!
#27IrateGameFAQerPosted 8/23/2014 2:02:31 PM
Anrui_ posted...
lambchips posted...
Its not even in the middle of the 3ds life yet... It has a good 3-4 more years left imo

I'm thinking that they're going to keep the 3DS around a bit longer than that. With how long it took for the system to even begin selling and making them profit and with the increasing amount of mobile competition it wouldn't be wise to release a new handheld with 0 userbase anytime soon.

or they can launch another 3 pillars nonsense and fall back on the 3ds if the new device tanked.
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!
#28pwnater777Posted 8/23/2014 2:35:50 PM
It really doesn't seem like this point is "late in its life", looking at how well the 3DS is selling. I could easily see 3 or 4 more years of full, passionate support by Nintendo.
---
Kojima and Del Toro working on a new Silent Hill starring Norman Reedus... this means the world to me.
#29Megamushroom666Posted 8/23/2014 2:45:43 PM
lambchips posted...

Lol no. 2 more years tops. The 3DS is really obsolete right now.
---
'Deep into that darkness peering...'
Snackeroo.com
#30Arctic_OmegaPosted 8/23/2014 2:51:46 PM
I got my first 3DS XL (Black/Black) back in March, and I've been enjoying the heck out of it, especially since I discovered Pokemon, thanks to Nintendo's promotion earlier this year. I bought a refurbished (perfect-looking) Blue/Black 3DS XL earlier this month from Nintendo, and it came to a little over $151 with tax and shipping. They also give a one-year warranty on refurbs, just like they do with brand-new units. The only bad thing is that you can't register it on Club Nintendo to get a warranty extension and coins. For a bit under $50 less than the list price of a new one, I can live with that, especially considering that this is a second unit mostly for use with my Pokemon games (trade-to-evolve, cloning, transferring from DS game to DS game then to Pokemon Bank for X, Y, and OR/AS when they come out, etc.)

TLDR; Like other posters in this topic have said, it's most definitely NOT too late to get a 3DS/3DS XL/2 DS. There's a pretty awesome selection of games, and you can play your DS games on it, too. Plenty of life left in this handheld, in my opinion.
---
FC: 4141-3826-9204 Mii Name: Arctic Pokemon Y IGN: Arctic Omega
Pokemon Y Friend Safari - Fighting: Pancham/Meditite/Riolu