So after over 5 months, I've finally beat Yoshi's New Island. Here's my review=)

#1Skull_proPosted 8/23/2014 6:08:53 AM
80/80

It took me that long to beat it due to a f***ing huge backlog of games, me starting to play Pokemon again and... yeah that's pretty much it.

For 45 bucks (Canadian Price) I'm definitely not disapointed. I beat the game (but not 100% 'd it yet) and besidr the shallow selection of music, everything pretty much felt more like the original game than YIDS. I definitely don't regret it at all. And I like how you get a bonus for not using the wings in the game at all.

My only true annoyement with this game is that when you die, you start with 10 stars even if you had 30 when you hit a check point, which make it extremely tedious to get all 30 stars in the harders levels. Fortunately, yoy don't have to get 100% in 1 go like the first 2 Yoshi games. The levels were cool, but the bosses were way too easy. Kamek at all mid-level forts were cool. Kinda felt like beating Bowser Jr. In NSMB.

I give the game a 8/10. Now perfect but definitely worth every cents I put on this one.

I don't get why it receive do much hate.
---
Everyone should beleive in something. I beleive I'll have another beer.
3DS:4339 2730 2396: Steel Friend Safari
#2Flame552Posted 8/23/2014 6:11:50 AM
It didn't get hate as much as it got damning praise.

It was essentially the 3DS game that everyone who bought it thought it was a satisfactory purchase yet unanimously agreed they would never recommend it to a friend.

It was all very peculiar.
#3MetalGearOnAcidPosted 8/23/2014 6:20:18 AM
Your title is misleading. It didn't take you 5 months to play the game. You has it but didn't start playing it until recently due to your backlog. Your title makes it sound like the game is long. It can be beaten in a day.

Flame552 posted...

It was essentially the 3DS game that everyone who bought it thought it was a satisfactory purchase yet unanimously agreed they would never recommend it to a friend.

I agree for the most part, but I'd say I've heard more negative than positive. I bought it on release day, beat it in a day or two and then sold it.
---
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
Playing Pokemon Black 2. Soon to be playing Azure Striker Gunvolt, Pokemon Omega Ruby, & Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright.
#4Aura_SpherePosted 8/23/2014 6:38:37 AM
It's not 80/80 if you add an "=)"
---
lol
#5Skull_pro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 6:43:37 AM
Sorry for the misleading title. I could have said " after 5 month of owning the game..." but as U said in my OP, 80/80. Even without the smiley face, I still would be a few characters short for a non misleading title.

To correct myself: I have owned the game since 2-3 days afyer it's release (IIRC, got it on FFX HD remaster release date, which I preordered for my PS3 and then bought at the same time)

But due to the aftermentioned backlog I only played for a bit, reachong world 4, then stoped for a while, then playing till I get to 6-4, then stopped again only to finnish the last couple of levels 2 days ago. (I used the wings on 6-1 so I had to beat it again to get the true final boss.)

Now that I beat the game, I actually feel like getting 100% on every stage.
---
Everyone should beleive in something. I beleive I'll have another beer.
3DS:4339 2730 2396: Steel Friend Safari
#6MetalGearOnAcidPosted 8/23/2014 6:47:40 AM
I'm confused. 80/80 would mean 100%. Did you mean 80/100?
---
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
Playing Pokemon Black 2. Soon to be playing Azure Striker Gunvolt, Pokemon Omega Ruby, & Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright.
#7FefnirOmega13Posted 8/23/2014 7:09:07 AM
MetalGearOnAcid posted...

It's a silly pseudo-achievement thing where people attempt to fill the title of the topic with all 80 characters for some reason.
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!
#8Bigmac909Posted 8/23/2014 11:19:43 AM
Flame552 posted...

Lol well said.
---
3DS FC: 3695 - 0067 - 4389 Name: Shane
Pokemon X Safari: Fire Type - Larvesta, Magmar, & Fletchinder!
#9VivaLaRazaLHPosted 8/23/2014 12:46:03 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
MetalGearOnAcid posted...

It's a silly pseudo-achievement thing where people attempt to fill the title of the topic with all 80 characters for some reason.

This. People who do that are beyond stupid. Such a dumb "acconplishment"
---
3DS FC: 0946-2752-2990-Elvis
#10DBeanPosted 8/23/2014 12:56:48 PM
I think Yoshi's New Island is an okay game, but it pales in comparison to the classic it's trying to emulate. The few new things it tries are interesting, but they don't deliver enough new in a game called New! It's C or C- tier, but that's still respectable.

I did enjoy the DS game more because it tried to do its own thing, and I think it succeeded outside of the soundtrack.