So Anyone here Stop Playing some Games because of their AGE?

#1VannofThursdayPosted 8/23/2014 6:22:06 AM
Im turning 27 this coming October and i gave up playing Pokemon and other 3DS games that I have (sold them).The only thing left is MH3U because this game "for me" is just right for my age.
I think im thinking too much about my age but the reality bites that after 3 years,ill be 30 years old.My clock just starts clicking.
I think my brain just gone tic tac tic tac like a time bomb as my 27th birthday approaches.
So anyone here feel the same way?
---
3DS FC: NONE on hiatus will be back next year.
MH3U/MH4U IGN: Siegfreath
#2m0986-8Posted 8/23/2014 6:25:04 AM
early mid life crisis is what is sounds like you have. if the game is fun then play it. do not worry what others say as it does not affect you and should not affect you.
---
3DS FC: 0344-9282-6531
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
#3PsychoWolfXPosted 8/23/2014 6:30:49 AM
Na. I'll be 28 in March and I see no problem whatsoever in playing the Pokemon games, collecting the cards, watching the anime...well maybe I should be a little ashamed of that last one >.>

I've always been pretty appalled at the idea of having to give up things I enjoy just because I am "too old"
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938
- From the desk of Admiral PsychowolfX
#4VannofThursday(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 6:33:08 AM
hmm youre right i think this is early midlife crisis.
The truth that only 3 years left and ill be 30 makes me think that i should take life much more seriously even abandoning the things that i like and makes me childish.
Should i see a doctor?lol
---
#5MetalGearOnAcidPosted 8/23/2014 6:44:02 AM
I'm 30 and I'm obsessed with Pokemon. Not just the games, but the anime, manga, and toys. You just seem to care too much about societal stereotypes.
---
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
Playing Pokemon Black 2. Soon to be playing Azure Striker Gunvolt, Pokemon Omega Ruby, & Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright.
#6m0986-8Posted 8/23/2014 6:45:14 AM
VannofThursday posted...
hmm youre right i think this is early midlife crisis.
The truth that only 3 years left and ill be 30 makes me think that i should take life much more seriously even abandoning the things that i like and makes me childish.
Should i see a doctor?lol

Think of it this way you are almost 30. You also only get one life on Earth. Now assuming you live til 70 that gives you around 40 years left. Would you rather spend that time doing things you enjoy or not doing them because they seem childish? You can always take yourself more serious and work hard to advance your career and salary but what point is that when you come home with nothing to entertain yourself as your hobbies are "childish."
---
3DS FC: 0344-9282-6531
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
#7VannofThursday(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 6:47:55 AM
^youre right
LIFE IS NOT A RACE :D
---
#8PrincessLumPosted 8/23/2014 6:49:51 AM
I'm 29 and I still play Pokémon. As long as you enjoy the game, I don't think it should matter how old you are, not to mention I think Pokémon games are played by people of all ages, anyway - they're more family-friendly, so they can be played by kids, but are also appealing to adults, too (which is probably why they sell over 10 million copies each time a new one comes out, lol).

I thought as you get older, you're supposed to care less what people think, haha. At least, as I've gotten older, I totally own all the ridiculous things I like, whether it be Pokémon or other video games/anime/cartoons/cosplay/comics/whatever, whereas when I was a kid/preteen/teenager, I was more worried about seeming like a "real adult."

So, yeah, don't worry - as long as you're working (or going to college, as you're still at the age where you may be in grad school), paying your bills, fending for yourself in some capacity, and contributing to society, then you are taking your life seriously and being an adult - playing Pokémon games or whatever is just a fun hobby and has nothing to do with taking life seriously or not (besides, if you're working, it's your money - you should be able to spend it however you want, even if it's on a Pokémon game, lol).
#9sh0wnufPosted 8/23/2014 6:52:55 AM(edited)
35 and still going strong... wife, kids, mortgage, good job- and a wii u and 3ds. its mostly my kids that play wii u but the 3ds is mine

forget the "video games are for kids" notion

side note- my friend's grandfather (80 something) has a ps3 and plays nothing but rpgs
#10VannofThursday(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 6:53:32 AM
lol thanks im just thinking too much
---