So Anyone here Stop Playing some Games because of their AGE?

#11FefnirOmega13Posted 8/23/2014 7:04:44 AM
The hell I will. I've been playing Sonic the Hedgehog (and to a lesser extent Pokemon) since birth and touch wood i'll play em until I die
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!
#12Malimario98Posted 8/23/2014 7:16:31 AM
You just need to find a balance, it's okay to still like Pokemon. Don't worry about what others think, and be true to yourself.
---
Shrek is love, Shrek is life.
The official Gothitelle of the pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire boards
#13PrincessLumPosted 8/23/2014 7:23:12 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention, if you're having some doubts, you should really check out the 2014 study compiled by the ESA (Entertainment Software Association) regarding gaming/gamer statistics and demographics:

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/esa_ef_2014.pdf

If you read through that, you'll see the actual facts really contradict the societal stereotypes about gamers (namely, that most gamers are young, teenage boys, when it is actually not the case). Here are a few interesting tidbits:

The average gamer is 31 years old (so you're technically still a youngin', TC).

71% of gamers are over 18 years old (the vast majority of gamers are actually adults).

48% of gamers are women and 52% are men (although, unfortunately, I think some of this has to do with social network games and mobile gaming, but as a woman gamer, I try to tell myself that's not the case and female gamers have better taste than that, haha)

Boys 18 and younger only make up 17% of the gaming population, which is less than half of the portion of the gaming population made up by women over 18 (36%).

59% of Americans play video games (more than half, so you're not alone, TC, haha)

51% of U.S. households own a dedicated game console (and own an average of 2, which at least means of the half of the Americans who play video games, the majority of those have a dedicated console to play on - it's not all just smartphones, thankfully, haha)

So, yeah, society may tell us that gaming is "childish," but the actual reality is that adults are the vast majority of gamers today (at least in America) - the gamer stereotype doesn't actually reflect the facts at all (but when does any stereotype?)
#14PennyWiseRocksPosted 8/23/2014 7:35:33 AM
sh0wnuf posted...

side note- my friend's grandfather (80 something) has a ps3 and plays nothing but rpgs

This sounds wonderful.
---
Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, Shovel Knight, Wind Waker HD, Etrian Odyssey Untold
#15VannofThursday(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 7:41:46 AM
@PrincessLum
Wow thats good to know :) im still young as a gamer lol
---
3DS FC: NONE on hiatus will be back next year.
MH3U/MH4U IGN: Siegfreath
#16GodTurtlePosted 8/23/2014 8:19:04 AM
34 here. I play whatever the hell I want. Pokemon isn't my thing, but Zelda, Mario, Kirby, and Yoshi are.

'When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.' - CS Lewis.
#17King_of_FlanPosted 8/23/2014 8:27:26 AM
I'm 24. I quit games from about 20-23. Then most of my friends had kids, etc. and I quit drinking. So, back to games it is. Games and hardcore, punk, metal, ska, etc. shows are basically my only hobbies.
---
|{1n6_0f_F|4n
3DS FC: 0061-0713-5038 All five Battle Maison trophies in Pokemon X on 4/15/2014
#18TheTitan99Posted 8/23/2014 8:28:08 AM
Nope! I turned 20 last month and I still enjoy Mario, Pokemon, Animal Crossing and other stuff.

Also, I'm way younger than some of the other people here. Who knew?
---
Now make some chicken!
#19TowerBooks3192Posted 8/23/2014 8:31:41 AM
I will play until I die but the changes in some series stopped me from playing. Pokemon for example. There is just tons of pokemon and tons of event only stuff. Back in my days there were only around 200+ and I managed to complete all 150 of them (sadly I live in a country without pokemon events back then).

Also most AAA console games never really appeal to me anymore. I only go back to the vita/ps3 if there are any interesting JRPGs. Its just unfortunate that I don't have that much time anymore to sink in to traditional JRPGs. I only play mostly strategy games and a little bit of yugioh on my 3DS nowadays.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#20TerraPhantomPosted 8/23/2014 8:35:47 AM
I lost interest in some games as I grew up. Not because I feel too old for them, but simply because the entertainment value doesn't seem as good anymore